Is it worth it? (Axe FX)

did a quick test today mixing the same preset but just slightly adjusting the attack of the envelope before the amp.

The right channel is just a little tighter and the left a little looser. I put the backing track in mono so you could hear the guitars I recorded.

Courtesy to Jocke Skog for the mix(I fucking love the production/mixing on this cd) in mono... I'm trying to replicate his tone from the new Scarpoint cd. The clip is from one of their songs. Jocke did such an awesome job on the production and mixing,

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3423189/quicktest.mp3

I'm gonna disregard their manager and post some clips very soon from that album. It does sound awesome, and if you guys don't like it... you're wrong. ;)

Nice sound Ola, very nice indeed. Could be better than the album, but you do have awesome ears, like many Swedes. :D

did a quick test today mixing the same preset but just slightly adjusting the attack of the envelope before the amp.

The right channel is just a little tighter and the left a little looser. I put the backing track in mono so you could hear the guitars I recorded.

Courtesy to Jocke Skog for the mix(I fucking love the production/mixing on this cd) in mono... I'm trying to replicate his tone from the new Scarpoint cd. The clip is from one of their songs. Jocke did such an awesome job on the production and mixing,

stoked!!! mind sharing info on your preset? (maybe post it haha)
this is the best guitartone i have heard in a very very long time!!!

If I were in a pro touring band guitars would be Axe FX and go straight to FOH (only In-Ear-Monitors on stage). Automated patch changes via MIDI are mandatory.
I mean seriously with a real amp so many things can go wrong sound-wise in a live situation... Pretty sure no one would be able to tell if you are playing through a real amp or an Axe FX or even a POD in a full band live concert.

Umm... unless you are in the front row and then you can't hear guitar.

I hate bands that do this! Forces me to loose the front line and move back so I can actually hear the guitars. Maybe it is more because most clubs just aren't set up for this.

Around here even "big" touring bands play the same clubs that the locals play. I much prefer cabs and at least some sound up front besides just drums.

Even when you are in a position to hear the guitars through the PA, it still sounds weird. Good, but just weird. Most systems and sound reinforcement theories are designed to enforce the sound of the stage. So it is weird to have the sound of the drums sounding normal, but then guitars only out of the mains.

I definitely understand the pitfalls with traditional live sound, but I am not sure direct is the answer. Maybe a combo? Have cabs and go direct instead of using a mic. In Flames would do that, it has been a while since I have seen them, but I definitely can't complain about their live sound at all.

I'm gonna disregard their manager and post some clips very soon from that album. It does sound awesome, and if you guys don't like it... you're wrong. ;)

Nice sound Ola, very nice indeed. Could be better than the album, but you do have awesome ears, like many Swedes. :D

Do it already, he doesn't visit this forum anyways. People have to hear it!

Consider it as a reference so you can attract more bands/work. :worship:

That mp-3 sounds THICK!!!!!!!!!! What amp model is it?