is maiden working on a new cd

You guys planning on buying the RIO DVD? I heard the bootleg mp3 stuff...and saw the preview clips on maiden.com. It looks like it is good quality.

I think I'll buy it when it finally comes out here. I just hope that Bruce was in the kind of form he was the night I saw him here on the tour. He sounded better that night than I've ever heard him.

I think he knew his voice was really working that night. His "Scream for Me's" were way up there and he didn't struggle on anything including the beginning part of Beast! The only bad part of the show was at the end of Hallowed when he stopped singing to get the security staff to stop beating the shit out of the fans who rushed the stage because they knew the night was almost over. I didn't get to hear him sing the ending which I know would have sounded great that night.

Actually overall that was one of the best concerts I've seen. Halford was excellent, now Geoff Tate...hmm...maybe he's just not motivated or whatever but he sounded really really bad.

Oh, but back to the Rio Dvd...I hope it's good.

The only complaint I've heard about the Rio DVD (and it seems true from the previews) was that the camera angles switch too rapidly. I HATE that! I'll be buying the DVD as soon as it comes out, but I sure hope that they haven't done that stupid "Action Rock Hero" camera swtiching shit. Gives me a friggin' headache! For Heaven's sake it's a concert, don't be afriad to let it LOOK like a concert! :p

Originally posted by Mr. Hyde

Actually overall that was one of the best concerts I've seen. Halford was excellent, now Geoff Tate...hmm...maybe he's just not motivated or whatever but he sounded really really bad.

Interesting. I managed to see Queensryche in concert once...I think it was for MindCrime..or Empire...probably MindCrime. I remember going away from that concert thinking..holy crap..that guy sounded in concert exactly like the CD! Is he slipping?

Originally posted by Eddies cellmate
The only complaint I've heard about the Rio DVD (and it seems true from the previews) was that the camera angles switch too rapidly. I HATE that! I'll be buying the DVD as soon as it comes out, but I sure hope that they haven't done that stupid "Action Rock Hero" camera swtiching shit. Gives me a friggin' headache! For Heaven's sake it's a concert, don't be afriad to let it LOOK like a concert! :p

yea..they always do that. Its to give you siezures or something. Maybe this DVD will feature multiple camera angles..and you'll be able to control it yourself. Wouldn't that be grand? Imagine being able to just pick the Harris cam....and watch him up close all concert! :D

Originally posted by rabies

Interesting. I managed to see Queensryche in concert once...I think it was for MindCrime..or Empire...probably MindCrime. I remember going away from that concert thinking..holy crap..that guy sounded in concert exactly like the CD! Is he slipping?

I saw QR with Metallica on the ...And justice for all tour and Geoff's voice was incredible, actually the whole band was incredible.

I saw QR a few years later after Empire came out at a Day on the green show (a stadium festival type thing) and Geoff didn't even attempt any of the high notes on Take Hold of the Flame and several other songs.

This time around, he attempted the high notes but he sounded really weird. It wasn't as if the note wasn't there but it sounded like he was straining really bad and the notes didn't have any crispness to them. Another thing that bothered me was that the other guitarist, Kelly Gray, didn't play well at all. I hope some really big QR fan doesn't flame me for this because I don't want to start any of that but that guy had no business being in a band that was once setting the standard for excellence in technical metal playing. IMO.

Man I hope they didn't F'up the camera angles on the Dvd. I have a Metallica video that drives me nuts with that crap. When I go to a show I'm trying to watch how they play shit, or focus on a singer when he really goes for it, I don't spend the concert looking back and forth quickly every five seconds.

Originally posted by rabies

yea..they always do that. Its to give you siezures or something. Maybe this DVD will feature multiple camera angles..and you'll be able to control it yourself. Wouldn't that be grand? Imagine being able to just pick the Harris cam....and watch him up close all concert! :D

The new Joe Satriani DVD "Live in San Francisco" is like that. Totally badass! :headbang:

BTW-I can't wait to see the Dream Theater / Joe Satriani / King's X tour here in September! Anyone else gonna catch this extravaganza of musical talent???

Hi guys!
I have the Rio DVD and I have to say that it rocks. And yes, EC, the camera angles change quite rapidly but it's still very viewable. The picture quality and the sound are absolutely amazing. Which is also very interesting is the bonus disc. On it are interviews with every band members while they have a day off. Nicko and Dave are playing golf and Adrian is fishing... + photos and "A day in the life" which you might already know from the Rio CD.
I think that it was worth the 27 Euros (or $ *g*)

I have the Satriani DVD. It rocks. I watch/listen to it often...then get disgusted by how he can make everything he plays seem so freaking easy.

Hyde - It was definately the Metallica concert where I saw them. They were so badass for that tour! It is a shame that they went downhill. They were such a phenominal band.

Lastly...Amon...I guess the DVD has already been released in Europe..you lucky dogs. BTW..I looked at your band link. Which one is you?

Originally posted by Eddies cellmate

Yea, nicely done website, and the band sounds good! Good luck! :headbang:

I listened to Legends of the Falls, sounds rockin'! Nice guitar harmonies! I'd suggest you guys develop those dual harmonies! I'd like to hear some more of that! :headbang:

Thanks again for all the compliments guys. I think the dual harmonies are due to our heavy Maiden influence ;) Wel would really do more of them but we are still looking for a bass player so we can not use as many of them as we want because someone has to play the rhythm part ;)