Is metallica the creator of thrash metal???????????????????

Thrash Metel was created in 1969 by this man:
Dr. Harvey Thrashenburger.

madscientist.jpg

They're full of shit, Twisted Sister were metal!

or at least from 1978-1984 they were, parts of stay hungry were drifting away from metal and a little bit of come out and play was metal. love is for suckers was not metal at all though

or at least from 1978-1984 they were, parts of stay hungry were drifting away from metal and a little bit of come out and play was metal. love is for suckers was not metal at all though

So, you agree? Disagree?:lol:

Just kidding, I get what you're saying, although I think Stay Hungry was as metal as anything else they did prior.

Totally agree on Come Out And Play & Love Is For Suckers, though I still like them both.

So, you agree? Disagree?:lol:

Just kidding, I get what you're saying, although I think Stay Hungry was as metal as anything else they did prior.

Totally agree on Come Out And Play & Love Is For Suckers, though I still like them both.

yes i agree with you. i don't really count love is for suckers though since it was suppose to be a dee solo album and then the record company made it a twisted sister release anyways. no one from TS really even plays on it

no one from TS really even plays on it

Not according to the liner notes, although KISS' old albums always credited Peter Criss and Ace Frehley whether they played or not so who knows?

According to the liner notes, the lineup was:

Dee Snider
Eddie Ojeda
Jay Jay French
Mark "The Animal" Mendoza
Joey "Seven" Franco

So, if that's accurate, the only different member would be the drummer.
Again though, who knows?

i hate to say this, but metallica was the first thrash band. however, venom played a huge role in this. listen to the first albums of exodus, metallica, megadeth and slayer. all 4 have definite venom influence. the exodus demo wasnt really thrashy, it was more NWOBHM.

love to hear that demo cause thats bloody hard to believe

:erk::erk::erk:How come they're not touring the US this year...:mad::mad::mad::cry::cry::cry:

I'm going to see Lemmy and the crew, with Overkill opening (and closing :D) in about two months. We're pretty lucky here, Lemmy basically shows up every year about the same time. It's a tradition, god calls and we follow. :lol:
Maybe it's Lemmy's way of saying thanks because even in the really tough years for the band, the german fans have been very loyal. So I think the reason for Motörhead to skip the USA is just because they sell out pretty huge venues here in Europe while they would probably only be able to play smaller clubs in the US.

Anyway, not seeing Motörhead at least once a year, is a shitty year... so I hope for you guys that they make the trip "over the pond" next year!

And btw: Yes, the "heavy metal umlaut" does rule! Every band should get one, from "A" like Anthräx to "Z" like ZZ Töp. :worship:

Not according to the liner notes, although KISS' old albums always credited Peter Criss and Ace Frehley whether they played or not so who knows?

According to the liner notes, the lineup was:

Dee Snider
Eddie Ojeda
Jay Jay French
Mark "The Animal" Mendoza
Joey "Seven" Franco

So, if that's accurate, the only different member would be the drummer.
Again though, who knows?

its been answered by dee himself on the twisted sister forum. the drums are programmed except a few cymbal hits and other live drumming here and there that joe franco does. the rest of the music is reb beach and kip winger pre winger when they were studio musicians. french, mendoza and ojeda overdubbed a few parts after atlantic deceided it would be a TS release not a dee solo album.

its been answered by dee himself on the twisted sister forum. the drums are programmed except a few cymbal hits and other live drumming here and there that joe franco does. the rest of the music is reb beach and kip winger pre winger when they were studio musicians. french, mendoza and ojeda overdubbed a few parts after atlantic deceided it would be a TS release not a dee solo album.

I guess after listening back that the album does kind of have a Winger sound to it, but I've always just contributed that to the producer, Beau Hill.

I learned something!:lol: