Who is the best Bay Area Thrash band?

Oct 5, 2003
Visit site
Of all the Bay Area thrash bands who do you think is the best? And by best not who WAS the best, who still is the best and had the best career doing what they do THRASH

Mine would be:

1.Slayer
2.Testament
3.Exodus
4.Death Angel
5.Dark Angel
6.Forbidden
7.Vio-Lence

I would probably say Testament is the best true Thrash band, slayer is more speed metal. But they are from the Bay Area so why not include them

And of course Metallica doesn't make the cut since they sold out long ago. And Megadeth just flat out went to shit after Rust In Piece

Exodus with Zetro 2nd and Death Angel 3rd but currently moving into 2nd because of the line-up changes in Exodus...

And TestamenT on 2nd...Maybe I'm not fan of their whole work but I've been always saying that "Legacy" is the one of the best thras albums ever. The New Order is fucking classic too...And their last work ("The Gathering" and "Live in London") is so fuckin fuckin fuckin great! I'm waiting for new studio LP...(For Exodus too)

Testament followed closely by Exodus. I never really got into any of the others mentioned except Slayer, who like DD said, are from LA.