Is my DT zip-hoodie counterfeit or something?

my friend has one. it's exactly as you described, with no DT on the sleeves but i don't think the prints are stretched out. he bought it at a concert in december 2005.

i think yours is falling apart because you're wearing it too much.

btw yeah i'd also like to see older, pre-Damage Done era shirts. i've once seen a guy with the Gallery shirt, i think, at a concert, but that's about it.
oh and some time ago someone was selling, at least he said so, a very old Skydancer shirt which he bought at one of the earliest DT concerts on eBay. went away for like $60

If you think thats expensive, when i was in Stockholm over the summer I went to the Rockzone store near Gamla Stan and i was gonna get that same hoodie, but it was priced at about 649 Kroner. Thats like 90 US dollars.

Now that I think about it, this is actually a really dumb question, because... Why would people think that they could actually make money by counterfeiting Dark Tranquillity hoodies?

I'm still curious as to why some are slightly different, though. I like the other one better. :p

Heu at the last Montreal show february 27 i was left frontright beside the security guy and the backstage door. I saw Niklas going out and ask him to keep my Trail of Life decayed Lp to protect it sign it and bring it back to me after the show he said yes! I know that a couple of people were looking at me weirdly hehe or jealously. Dont know if i saw you. In quebec i go to their first show only last year i was not able !more detail if you want later!

Well, at the last Mtl show I was front row, bang in the middle, staring at Mikael's shoes if you will. Did had him grab my hair and share part of the mic on some choruses like Sense Tied and Lethe. I did get my original "Gallery" autographed by all but that was after the show, as I waited in the cold. If anything else, this discussion should be continued via pm. I don't want to get a warning of thread abuse by rahvin.

Now that I think about it, this is actually a really dumb question, because... Why would people think that they could actually make money by counterfeiting Dark Tranquillity hoodies?

I'm still curious as to why some are slightly different, though. I like the other one better. :p

There is an american and a european distributor of DT merch. They probably have slight differences in the garments they use (like the brand).

There is an american and a european distributor of DT merch. They probably have slight differences in the garments they use (like the brand).

Hrm, true, but by that thought, wouldn't I have wound up getting the same one? I picked up mine at the concert on that tour, and I've got the 'dt' on my sleeve. It also seems to be a bit sturdier, but then again, I think I've washed it twice. (I haven't worn it in six months, don't worry. It's not like I live in the thing.) I'll take a pic or two later.

~kov.

Edit: This has reminded me of something. Generally I like to wear a good amount of DT stuff to a concert. Generally that means one of my T-shirts, and nowadays the hoodie. We're missing pants, people. We need DT pants. Just sayin...

Hrm, true, but by that thought, wouldn't I have wound up getting the same one? I picked up mine at the concert on that tour, and I've got the 'dt' on my sleeve. It also seems to be a bit sturdier, but then again, I think I've washed it twice. (I haven't worn it in six months, don't worry. It's not like I live in the thing.) I'll take a pic or two later.

~kov.

Edit: This has reminded me of something. Generally I like to wear a good amount of DT stuff to a concert. Generally that means one of my T-shirts, and nowadays the hoodie. We're missing pants, people. We need DT pants. Just sayin...

If we get pants, we might as well go all-out and wear a pair of Dark Tranquillity underwear. :loco:

Makaan: I think your link is incorrect, it leads to the mainpage, not to a specific shirt.
I was at Rockzone once and while browsing the merch I noticed that most of these shirts I have not seen before in catalogues or real life, and on the other hand, many shirts were similar in fabric and everything, just had different prints, even if they were from so different bands that these would not be on the same label or merchandise company.
Also in many cases the motifs of the prints I have not seen anywhere else in Europe, or I even knew for sure that the band never had such a shirt. That´s why I think that Rockzone is printing a lot of the shirts by themselves, using bandlogos, CD-covers and other stuff, putting it together in new ways and fabricating merch from this.

Ah silly me, here goes
Front
Back

@Fireangel
Now when you mention it i think you might be right. This particular shirt appears on art-worx too though, so i guess it might be official, might buy it, my black hoodies are falling apart (damn H&M!) :p . The stuff I´ve bought from Rockzone have been of good quality, same labels as the stuff DT sell on concerts, although my brother bought an in flames shirt which was of terrible quality. I also once found a t-shirt from their previous asian tour there (wtf?). I can´t imagine they can earn that much more money becouse of making counterfeit shirts though.