Is POD "tact tone" actually being used by bands/ AE's today as a term?

Ohhh, I get it. I'm a bit thrown off on this topic as I haven't been surfing the forums for a while. Yes, "Tact Tone" is a wholly psychotic term for this type of thing.

I thought people were panicking because this "djent" sound has gotten so popular. Thought it was a bit weird... haha

I do find it interesting that the POD has found its own niche though. It doesn't sound like a tube amp and it shouldn't have to sound like a tube amp. Pretty cool when you think about it, considering all the beef that people still have with digital gear.

It's completely not the tone that's at issue here, it's the fact that he said he is trying to get a "tacting" tone, or that the mix calls for a "tact" tone. It doesn't make sense, but yet THIS is a term used by bedroom studio noobs? All hope is gone.

tact
–noun
1. a keen sense of what to say or do to avoid giving offense; skill in dealing with difficult or delicate situations.
2. a keen sense of what is appropriate, tasteful, or aesthetically pleasing; taste; discrimination.
3. touch or the sense of touch.

I do find it interesting that the POD has found its own niche though. It doesn't sound like a tube amp and it shouldn't have to sound like a tube amp. Pretty cool when you think about it, considering all the beef that people still have with digital gear.

Well, for me I would say pretty cool for the price you pay for a POD, but in the end, you really get what you pay for.

Yeah, I mean I don't think of it as a real high-fidelity sort of sound, but like I said before it works really well for the type of music that people are into right now so its a good thing as far as I'm concerned.
Well, for me I would say pretty cool for the price you pay for a POD, but in the end, you really get what you pay for.