Is the dollar crumbling ?

indignantaudio

kill your television
Feb 4, 2009
I guess there's already pretty strong evidence to support this, but...

I've been doing a lot of research the last few days, and am starting to realize what's happening. This is the only forum I belong to so, thus posting here. Would appreciate all on topic comments, wether you personally use the dollar or not.

Seems to me something's going on, or is about to. o_O

give it a few months
nuka cola bottle caps will be the in thing when it comes to currency
mark my fucking words

i hope not!!!
i plan do do some purchases in the US and hope the dollar will fall again!!

currently the EUR/USD exchange value is 1,3314, i hope it will go down to 1,45!
like it was a few months ago
default.asp

thumbs up ;)
cheers
chris

The only problem is that because oil is still tied to the US dollar, oil prices will increase linearly with the EUR/USD ratio. When the USD was at 1,45 for 1 EUR, the 95 octane (RON, same as 90 octane in US) cost as high as 1,60 EUR per liter, or 9.28 USD per gallon :puke:

The only problem is that because oil is still tied to the US dollar, oil prices will increase linearly with the EUR/USD ratio. When the USD was at 1,45 for 1 EUR, the 95 octane (RON, same as 90 octane in US) cost as high as 1,60 EUR per liter, or 9.28 USD per gallon :puke:
Yeah that sucks hey?

I would like the US dollar to drop again for the purposes of me buying gear from you guys (namely a fisheye lense for the camera) for cheap as hell. Obviously it'd suck for you guys over there though so I'm not wishing too hard :lol:

I don't get what you're basing this off? The dollar has vastly improved over the past year. 1.33EUR and 1.51GBP to 1USD... way better than the 1.6 and 2.0 (respectively) they were at last summer

I don't get what you're basing this off? The dollar has vastly improved over the past year. 1.33EUR and 1.51GBP to 1USD... way better than the 1.6 and 2.0 (respectively) they were at last summer
+1
I imagine we're waiting for some incarnation of the Ron Paul oversimplification of an incredibly complex subject that people spend a lifetime studying. I'm sorry but I can't take seriously any 30 second youtube explanation of currency dynamics.

FWIW while I respect and like lots of people in this forum, I think if you are really interested in this topic then a forum primarily populated by 15-30 year old metal heads is a horrible place to start. The library....that's a good place to start.

+1
I imagine we're waiting for some incarnation of the Ron Paul oversimplification of an incredibly complex subject that people spend a lifetime studying. I'm sorry but I can't take seriously any 30 second youtube explanation of currency dynamics.

That's what I'm worried about... I'm expecting some rehashed Zeitgeist bullshit or another hoax about income tax being unconstitutional to be brought up, and I'm not looking forward to having it debunked over the course of 4-5 pages, yet again.

That's what I'm worried about... I'm expecting some rehashed Zeitgeist bullshit or another hoax about income tax being unconstitutional to be brought up, and I'm not looking forward to having it debunked over the course of 4-5 pages, yet again.

BETTER THAT THAN ANOTHER GODDAMN JEEBUS THREAD!!!!! :yell: :D

I love the "income tax is unconstitutional" argument. It's such bullshit :lol: Yeah it would be unconstitutional, if there wasn't this little thing called the 16TH FUCKING AMENDMENT!!!!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixteenth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

Yep...throw firearm discussion in there and it is bound to fetch at least another five pages. :D

-Joe

The dollar better crumble.

How else am I going to be able to afford an Agile Intrepid?!?

I havent been in touch with economics much since i finished my degree, and went into the computing field. The dollar is a lot stronger now that everywhere else has now felt the knock on effects from the states over this past year (largely the subprime lending issue). However, now things have settled it looks like we might get back to normal soon-

The risk appetite is slowly returning to all markets. Fear and volatility gauges have calmed down majorly (like the VIX, Libor rates, the TED spread, etc.). When risk aversion was the flavor of the day, the dollar flourished. However, if markets calm down and regain their sanity (as they are starting to do even now), then the dollar will take the back seat to higher interest yielding currencies.

GM’s bankruptcy. If General Motors goes bankrupt, and it looks like they will, then there is going to be a lack of confidence in the U.S. dollar. GM is an American icon, and if it goes into bankruptcy (even though it will re-emerge from it), it doesn’t bode well for the dollar.

Friction with China. One thing I can say about George Bush is that he had sense enough to get Hank Paulson as his Treasury Secretary. Paulson knew how to deal with the Chinese. So far, no one in the Obama administration seems to have a clue as to how to deal with them. Normally, China buys our U.S. treasuries like clock work each month. However, in January and February, they were net sellers of our bonds.

Commodities have reversed their downtrends lately. This is not good from the dollar’s point of view since the dollar is on the opposite side of the teeter totter from commodities. As gold, oil, copper, lumber, etc. have stopped falling and consolidated sideways…and some have even gone back into up trends lately, it doesn’t bode well for the greenback.

Money has started to move back into emerging markets (into their currencies, bonds and stocks. When investors are willing to start to stick their necks out that far for returns and interest rate yields once again, the last place they will stay is in the U.S. dollar.

U.S. Treasuries will crumble. While this part may not happen immediately (due to the Fed propping it up artificially as they buy them to drive rates down further), every money manager out there knows that this shoe will drop. When it does, the last place you want to be invested is in the U.S. dollar. This is yet another reason why money has recently run to emerging market currencies and commodity currencies (like New Zealand and Australia). Thus the “carry trade” is re-emerging once again!

The dollar index is failing to make new highs. The dollar can’t seem to muster up enough strength, technically on the charts, to break into new highs as it’s done for the past year or so. This shows that money is already “sneaking out” of the dollar and most investors are oblivious to it. They’re waiting for the same song to continue that’s been playing for a year or more now. However, the tune is changing and they can’t hear it.

~ Extract from Sean Hyman (April 09)

Its up to the stock holders of the FED/World Bank/IMF. If they want global hegemony via world currency control by the World Bank it will have to. They already magically made more dollars than we can ever pay back so I believe the end of the dollar is inevitable.

I havent been in touch with economics much since i finished my degree, and went into the computing field. The dollar is a lot stronger now that everywhere else has now felt the knock on effects from the states over this past year (largely the subprime lending issue). However, now things have settled it looks like we might get back to normal soon-

The risk appetite is slowly returning to all markets. Fear and volatility gauges have calmed down majorly (like the VIX, Libor rates, the TED spread, etc.). When risk aversion was the flavor of the day, the dollar flourished. However, if markets calm down and regain their sanity (as they are starting to do even now), then the dollar will take the back seat to higher interest yielding currencies.

GM’s bankruptcy. If General Motors goes bankrupt, and it looks like they will, then there is going to be a lack of confidence in the U.S. dollar. GM is an American icon, and if it goes into bankruptcy (even though it will re-emerge from it), it doesn’t bode well for the dollar.

Friction with China. One thing I can say about George Bush is that he had sense enough to get Hank Paulson as his Treasury Secretary. Paulson knew how to deal with the Chinese. So far, no one in the Obama administration seems to have a clue as to how to deal with them. Normally, China buys our U.S. treasuries like clock work each month. However, in January and February, they were net sellers of our bonds.

Commodities have reversed their downtrends lately. This is not good from the dollar’s point of view since the dollar is on the opposite side of the teeter totter from commodities. As gold, oil, copper, lumber, etc. have stopped falling and consolidated sideways…and some have even gone back into up trends lately, it doesn’t bode well for the greenback.

Money has started to move back into emerging markets (into their currencies, bonds and stocks. When investors are willing to start to stick their necks out that far for returns and interest rate yields once again, the last place they will stay is in the U.S. dollar.

U.S. Treasuries will crumble. While this part may not happen immediately (due to the Fed propping it up artificially as they buy them to drive rates down further), every money manager out there knows that this shoe will drop. When it does, the last place you want to be invested is in the U.S. dollar. This is yet another reason why money has recently run to emerging market currencies and commodity currencies (like New Zealand and Australia). Thus the “carry trade” is re-emerging once again!

The dollar index is failing to make new highs. The dollar can’t seem to muster up enough strength, technically on the charts, to break into new highs as it’s done for the past year or so. This shows that money is already “sneaking out” of the dollar and most investors are oblivious to it. They’re waiting for the same song to continue that’s been playing for a year or more now. However, the tune is changing and they can’t hear it.

~ Extract from Sean Hyman (April 09)

+1