Is The End still Nightingale's US label?

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
I was just at Tom Nouga's site reading his comments about the Nightingale albums and he says being on TER is hopefully gonna help them spread the word on Alive Again quite a bit. Personally I feel AA didn't reach the right audience Stateside, but maybe it's just me.

So I was wondering. Anyone know anything?

NP: Nightingale - Nightfall Overture

Gurgelguff said:
The end is not our record company any more. I think they did a pretty good job with A.A. But compared to what Black Mark does that´s not very difficult:D

yeah, now I wonder, too. There was this bit of news on Second Sky on their page a while ago. But NG are not listed on their artists page.

Batmura: But Alive Again was on two contracts, one for Europe with Black Mark, and one for (North) America with The End. I´m dead sure because I have both versions of the CD :D You can make record deals for different areas with different labels.

Yeah I know that. What I meant was for an album released Stateside, TER didn't do that much of a good job to promote the album. I know Dan has always been with Black Mark in Europe.

NP: Hypocrisy - Virus

Black Mark releases are not readily available in the UK, apart from the obvious Bathory releases.

It is a crying shame that more people don't get exposed to some of these great releases.

The question seems obvious then, why stay with a label that seems to just be going through the motions (unless of course it is just down to the PHD Distribution)?

batmura said:
Hey Tom,

Is Second Sky gonna be released through TER? And have you guys negotiated with a new label for Nightingale yet?

Cheers,

Murat

"Second sky" is on TER. To release an album that soft on BM would be asking for suicide in one form or another:D I don´t know about the deal for the next NG.

AlexGuinness said:
The question seems obvious then, why stay with a label that seems to just be going through the motions (unless of course it is just down to the PHD Distribution)?

You mean Black Mark then (so I understood, if you mean TER then my reply doesn´t work)? You can dig out some old interviews with Dan, you´ll find the answer (or part of the answer) there in. As little as Black Mark does in huge promotion, it has other advantages, for example that they leave total artistic freedom. Dan (and for Nightingale Dag, Tom, Erik, too) makes a record, they release it. That´s not everywhere like this, labels want much influence, tell you about trendy producers and look for the hit-single, even metal labels, for example Nuclear Blast. I think BM doesn´t even set time-lines, like "every 1,5 years a new record and you must tour aswell".

They are still the Nightingale distributor thru Black marjk but Second Sky is signed to The End and they will release our debut CD sometime this millennium ;)