is the KKJCM800 really a 2203 when you don't push the beast button?

I mean I can score this amp brand new for 300 euros less than a marshall 2203 brand new.
If I get it do I really get a 2203?
I need for old school death metal sounds.
My bugera 333, which has been converted to el34 can't get there. It's too modern sounding.
Let's not talk about my dual or 5150, very distant from the glorious old school death tones.

cheers

haha, just wanted to tell you that it uses different powertubes. But afaik it actually is a normal 2203-at least
it doesn't sound that different, digging that amp, would be cool if the beast switch would be footswitchable,
no way to use it as a live amp for me, a guy in a band around here used to play it in a thrash band, sounded
great for their stuff.
But yeah, you can get pretty classic style jcm800 sounds out of it but you can get it really heavy, too.

from what I read on the manual it seems it is just a jcm800 with the beast section added.
I don't get why it costs less than a regular JCM800 reissue that essentially has less features (no noise gate, no eq gain boost)
the samples Lasse posted on here were good, it seemed it was a bit heavier, but right now I can't find his old post with the samples, he showed sounds with the beast button engaged and others where it wasn't

It's a monolithic PCB rather than sections like a standard 2203. That's how they get the cost down.

The noise gate is very good. It really could use an effects loop though.
Yes it does stock JCM800 without the beast. It's deafening. I like a normal 2203 with EL34's better than the KT88's, but with the beast on it's awesome.
Checkout the Fortin modded version.

Just noticed that clip was done by Greg.

Last edited by a moderator: