Is the New Nevermore worth listening too

S

Sanctuary

I was a fan of sanctuary back in the 80's, not so much the first album but- the second one was great. I enjoyed the revival with the self titled nevermore, politics of ecstacy, dreaming neon black!!, some songs from dead heart in a dead world. But I bought the new album listened to it beginning to end maybe 5 times. I dont enjoy it too much. Is this new album more based on sounding heavy rather than intrigueing song writing?

icon9.gif
Is the New Nevermore worth listening too

You'll find out that it's worth listening too, when you find out that
sounding heavy, can't be compared with intrigueing song writing.
They go along very well on their latest album.

-x-
Iris

yeh its better than dead heart for sure. DNB and POE are still the best, but thats probably how itll stay. oh well. EOR is the shit.

The bass player writes the musi ci believe
intersting the 2003 release from ballads to hard edge fast tempo driven....music
trely gifted dudez...

Eor was in my car for at least 6 months, along with 5 other discs that I rotated around. It's a release that I think time is very easy on; in other words you need to work for it, to find the gem. It's well worth the effort.

However, I've found out that lyrically....well, I never get it right. I have my take on some songs, and I am totally off. I guess I can't interpret things the way they are. I must admit that dismal failure in lyric interpretation is also rewarding, theres always a new meaning to be found. It's wrong, but there's always something new.

Actually, I've even grown to dig the production. Just turn it up and cut the bass a touch, and it sounds fine. Some of the songs on EOR are among my favorite. Some of the most original use of heavy riffs in complex, non-death metal music.

Compared to many other metal releases of the 00s, EOR is great
compared to Nevermore previous albums EOR is a ghost (and not a haunting one)
No emotion up there
(yes now i think DHIADW IS BETTER THAN EOR)

Yea Im inclined to agree. I dont think EOR is a bad record by any means, but I think DHIADW was better. DNB still remains the top Nevermore album for me and I doubt that will ever change.

Yeah There Is Some Gems Like - I Voyager
Its A Listening Mans Record Or Ladies To Finger Themselves :)

Depends What Mood Your In...
They Start Fast Go Slow Then Fast Then Slow...
Cleverly Done..
Lyrics Well You Know Wd, There Deep Amd Rich, I Havbe No Time To Analyze Them But I Am Sure They Tell A Great Story...

I Am Getting Bored With Metal This Week Now, So I Am Playing New Age Stuff...