Is there anybody out there??

Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is the correct thread to post this in, but I feel that most of you are probably somewhat intelligent and can understand. What it boils down to is that I've lost faith in humanity. I live day by day going to a meaningless job for shit pay. I rarely have the energy or time for what passions me, which is writing and music. The sad part is out here, in arizona, there is not a lot of people smart or open minded enough to grasp the type of music we listen to. People who feel that it is an artform and not just a medium to make money. I'm determined to finish my own demo and record all the parts myself, but that doesn't mean I've lost faith in how things are. I'm wondering if anyone out there can convince me that I'm wrong. I assume some of you can, but I figured instead of asking people in my immediate surroundings I'd ask a group of people that don't know me. I know we aren't supposed to live this way, going about life as if in a coma and the only reason to live is to make money and procreate. Unfortunately everyday I see thats not the case. I'd like to leave my mark someday...

Request_denieD

First of all, what you have to understand is that you have to stop expecting anything from anybody. Take what's given to you and give what you want to give. Humanity has hope as long as you have hope. If society and people around you are bringing you down the only person that can bring you back up is you. Work on yourself, work for you and then you'll become much more appreciative of others and what they do for you. Being cynical is the best way to go, question everything, never take anything for granted until you have it in your hands.

As for your meaningless job, there is not a lot of ways around it in a capitalist country: Either you persevere in it and deal with the shit, either you go to school to get to a higher level to something that you like doing. A job doesn't have to be a passion, it can only be something that you like doing. You say that your passion is writing and music, find something related, polish your craft and go for the gold.

One more thing, you say that you don't have the energy or time to do your passions, once again there is no halfway solution around the problem: Find time, find energy. If you don't find time then you will get more and more disillusionned about everything else in your life because of your own dissatisfaction in not doing any music.

My 2 cents

Well, gotta say something. I once worked in Theatre and worked with different bands a while. I always thought that it would be a dream come true for me, but it was not, I was so bored with music after few weeks and I noticed, that my personal music-productions/band had suffered bad for that situation, so I decieded to call it quits. I did leave my job and went work to a bank and now I'm much happier, now I can do things that I love in my freetime, not when I'm working, and by this lesson, I'll never get a job from any studio or other music-related-place...

Huh, that isn't sounding good. :err: I'm sorry for you. And I really can't help you I think.
Maybe you should try with some new music in the Ultimate Metal store. :Spam:
My band Cascade has a CD for sale. Now we made an english version of our Homepage by the way.
It would be nice if the forum members would check it out. :O)

Best wishes

Markus

mindspell...pretty well said. I would have to say, if your not happy with what you are doing or your surroundings...then do your best to change them. Maybe move, maybe get a new job, further your education...do whatever you have to do to get out of the rut your in, but dont expect everyone and everything around you to be wonderful...you expect wayyy too much from people when you do that...and being let down is inevitable at that point.

I really appreciate all you have to say. And I do understand a lot of it, I've known it for a while. I guess the hard part is finding a motivation, and the knowledge that we weren't meant to live this way. And Unicorn, if i get the chance i'll check your band out, I'm always looking for new music.

Request_denieD