Is there anyone in the biz with a deeper voice than Dan?

Listen to any brutal death metal band from Unique Leader records... Levi from Disgorge(US) stands out though I reckon, saw them live and it was mind blowing the gutteralness and deepness of that voice.

Ret- said:
Listen to any brutal death metal band from Unique Leader records... Levi from Disgorge(US) stands out though I reckon, saw them live and it was mind blowing the gutteralness and deepness of that voice.

I think Batmura meant the normal singing voice.
Yes, he can sing pretty deep. Some moments on Crimson I or the "return to fantasy" cover.

Or the super-low parts in A Lesson In Evil o_o

Jonas Renkse can do a very similar vocal style to Dan's gothy vocals, in fact I first thought it was Dan singing on Scarlet Heavens. Johan Edlund of Tiamat sings in that deep gothy voice on the newer albums, as well.

But I can't really think of any metal vocalists who have deep, low voices, just goth rock singers..

Ret- said:
I was talking about the clean voice. That said, the guy from Demilich is/was one of the sickest growlers out there.

Love- Fun Lovin' Criminals

Barry white, saved my life
And if barry white, saved your life
Or got you back with your ex-wife
Sing barry white, barry white, it’s alright.

Now I was watching banachek
My mind’s eye
Right back when I was a seed
And learning ’bout life
At night they came together and gave me sight
He said it’s better doing this, than sucking on a pipe
Now when she came over, she brought the discus
On and on, she promised to kick this
Ewf, stole my breath
When he finished, there was nothing left

Chorus.

Over and over, ’til it’s ready
Sing about it low and fat like j. p. ghetti
We make it happen, ass slappin’
Sitting on the point to where you never catch us nappin’
Co efino, he got the money grips
No parking for saturday night and the pips
The pips know the hymns, they singing along
Like knowing the verbs is gonna keep you from the twilight
Ummmmm do a little like that

Barry white, barry white, you know it’s alright

The Doom Parts on Crimson I are pretty deep. But "two Winters only" by My Dying Bride or "Dante's Inferno" by Iced Earth are deeper.

Ville Valo can go insanely deep. I sang along to them live and something the whole place was shaking from the deeeeeeep finnish subdrones!!! Try to sing along with mr. Eldritch on the chorus from "Marian"..also deep stuff. Most of the deepest stuff (Like "Alone" from TBS) was sung in the morning before I spoke to anyone, including myself and I accidetnally sang it one octave lower than intended :) It was really a challenge to pitch right but it was worth it...Also listen to my "elephant voice" on the Star One album.. I think it´s in the beginning and the end of one song...maybe "Starchild". I swear to god that this is no effect!!! Only me dubbing myself one octave lower than humanly possible...more as a joke, but Arjen went mad with joy and said...please record this and then he turned up the levels and the subwoofers went crazy..only from my voice.... I think they used it as an intro!!!

Dan

Dan Swanö said:
Ville Valo can go insanely deep. I sang along to them live and something the whole place was shaking from the deeeeeeep finnish subdrones!!!

Dan

:)

yeah, he´s really good (except for he has a bad day, but even then). He can also sing very high plus do hilarious power metal screams :D Songs like "It´s all Tears" have it all, and it´s a pleasure to listen to them live. He can switch between all that in no time. You´ll find it also on those 70s Finnish songs he recorded as "Ville Valo & The Agents".

But I also agree that the whole Star One album is worth buying for the (too little) parts with your voice, I am not so interested in the rest of them.. ;)

NP: Hel - Falland Vörandi

Tumn said:
Most Route Nine vocals are growls though.

Yea, I know, I'm just saying that the sung vocals in that band were REALLY deep!

Another one who is really deep is Byron from Bal-Sagoth. His clean vocals are booming and mighty!