Is there anything like a Theocracy Street team?

Der Schriftsteller

Author of the Aparillion
Dec 30, 2004
Germany
Is there anything like a Theocracy Street team? Because someone is systematically requesting "The Serpent's Kiss" on TriRock. Ok, maybe he likes the song, but 46 requests? I hardly believe that one person alone has the time to do those requests all the time. So there must be more than one person. Maybe it's somthing like an (unofficial) Theocracy street team?

Well, my buddy and I essentially started our own street team here in St. Paul/Minneapolis, MN. My friend's name is Nathan AKA SwordLord on metal sites (he's the dude that you saw in Atlanta, Nightmare1z). I don't know if anyone on this site is from our area, but here's what we've done so far. We just love this band so much.

- distributed about 40 copies of the self-titled CD (note: not burned copies, actual CDs that we purchased from the band) to local Christian music fans and secular metal fans
- talked up and played the Theocracy CD for every metalhead that we can find locally
- Nathan played Ichthus on KFAI radio on Oct 9 when he did a guest hosting gig for three hours on their metal show

Nathan and I (Nathan more so than me) are both independent concert promoters here in the Twin Cities. When Theocracy finally tours, I guarantee that there will be someone ready and willing to book them here (and hopefully all of this fanbase building will pay off with a nice crowd here!). We'll both be at ProgPower this year. As longer as I'm giving our life stories, Nathan is actually a movie theater owner (Theocracy boys, all you have to do is name your movie when you're here and we've got private showings!) and I'm a full-time law student (just finished year 1 of 3).

As an aside, expect a Manowar/Rhapsody concert in MN in early 2005. Nathan has been talking to Manowar about landing their first MN gig ever. We are hearing from the band that their full US tour will commence in January.

If anyone else is in this area and wants to get involved with us, let me know. We've got lots of other fun stuff going on: Nathan's involved in Stephen Percy this Saturday, Hammerfall/Edguy in Aug, and Stratovarius in Sept. We'll try to land the reunited Anthrax tour when they start their US tour in October. I'm working on mainstream Christian stuff (Disciple, Kutless, Stryper).

Well, hey guys, If/when there is a Theocracy Street team, I definitly be up for helping out. I'm in Harrisburg PA so, that's quite a good distance away from MN. Though i dont have that kind of cash flow to buy and give away Theocracy CD's, i definitly spread the name whenever Conversations about Progressive Metal comes up.

Would it be possible for the fans to start and Unofficial Streat Team?

Story of spreading the good news of Theocracy with good results!

Last week my buddy Dave and I went to a metal show: three young, local metal bands. All the band members were probably 18-20 as was 95+% of the crowd. Anyway, after the show, I gave Dave the Theocracy CD and told him all about the band. Now, I was kind of afraid that Dave wouldn't like it, because he's not into power metal at all. His favorite bands are along the lines of Rage Against The Machine, Pantera, and Audioslave. But, I know he likes old school Anthrax, Metallica, Maiden, and Megadeth, so I was hoping he would like it. I gave him the CD and we parted ways in our vehicles. He must have started listening to it right away in the car, because he called me about 15 minutes later and left me the following voicemail:

"Jason, this is Dave. Hey, I just wanted to let you know: *this* I could listen to for a long period of time, the Theocracy. It's much better then what we've heard tonight, which, I know that all the bands are like really young, even without the vocals and stuff like that, there's just some things these bands need to tighten up. But this is pretty enjoyable, he sounds like Jason Deiter (a local singer that Dave likes) and Lance King and that type of thing. Anyway, talk to you later."

I have given the CD to some people who haven't liked it. In talking to people about it, I've been getting a good sense genre-wise of who might like it and who won't. So it was really gratifying to get a positive reaction from someone that I had pegged to not like it.