Is this idea any good???!!!

doclegion

Contagious Destruction
Dec 31, 2006
Well i wanna start recording bands at my house but i have little room a friend suggested that i run a snake out to my garage put drums in there and/or amps etc and monitor in my studio inside.... Climate my vary of course if its cold out that might be a problem

opinion?? I think its preety good idea

Yeah, snakes are the shit, the only issue I can think of as you say is cold/humidity (especially for drums), but it's always good to have a separate live room IMO! And naturally, you'll wanna get a long speaker cable so you can have the amp heads in the control room with you and the cab out in the garage

I have been doing this for a year now and never had a problem. It can get somewhat chilly but if your garage is insulated decently the drummer usually won't mind because he will get hot anyway just make sure to keep the garage door closed.

Yeah, and maybe you could rig up some kind of heater/aircon unit to try and keep the temp nice and maybe something to regulate the humidity.

Yea you should definately try to get a constant temperature in there... it's not good for instruments when the temperature keeps going up and down, up and down, up and down, up and down, up and down, up and down, .....up and down, .... up and down, ...

up and down, .... up and down, up and down, up and down, ....

up and down, ....

whoaaa... I'm seeing things again, heeeeeeeeeeelp!

Yea you should definately try to get a constant temperature in there... it's not good for instruments when the temperature keeps going up and down, up and down, up and down, up and down, up and down, up and down, .....up and down, .... up and down, ...

up and down, .... up and down, up and down, up and down, ....

up and down, ....

whoaaa... I'm seeing things again, heeeeeeeeeeelp!

I'm seeing things too..........wasn't that a cheat for a game on the SNES?

I'm seeing things too..........wasn't that a cheat for a game on the SNES?

The only cheat I know for SNES... no wait, actually it's for NES, for Probotector or whatever the name of that game was, is: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start.

I'll NEVER forget that cheat, it's burnt in my memory. I think that cheat is used through various games though.. I remember it's the same on Lifeforce.

The only cheat I know for SNES... no wait, actually it's for NES, for Probotector or whatever the name of that game was, is: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start.

I'll NEVER forget that cheat, it's burnt in my memory. I think that cheat is used through various games though.. I remember it's the same on Lifeforce.

"The konami code"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konami_Code

I know the Street Fighter 2 Turbo cheat for the SNES to get extra turbo modes. It's something like Up, R, Down, L, Y, B, X ,A on the second controller when the Capcom logo appears.

Man I miss Street Fighter 2 Turbo and Super Mario Kart, I've still got a SNES and Super Mario Kart, but I need to get SF2T again, and also DKC2.

Sorry I keep dragging this OT lol.