is tracii guns a good guitar player?

mdmatt4ever

Sep 27, 2006
i always thought he was but i know nothing about guitar. someone told me "if l.a. guns spent as much time on songwriting as they did putting on makeup they'd have been successful and if tracii spent as much time practicing guitar as he did thinking of a cool stage name he'd be good and not struggle with chuck berry riff."

Wow, technically speaking i cannot say ( cause i'm no whiz)....but hell, LA Guns IS a successful band & were still putting out decent material up til 2005 or so.( I havent heard their latest)
Over the years I have appreciated his playing more than i originally did.
So HELL YEAH, i would say he's more than a good guitar player, just not the top gun (pun intended) that some others are.
And then again, I do play guitar & some of the greatest, catchiest stuff in music history is not necessarily the most complex, so i guess simplicity has a place also.

Wow, technically speaking i cannot say ( cause i'm no whiz)....but hell, LA Guns IS a successful band & were still putting out decent material up til 2005 or so.( I havent heard their latest)
Over the years I have appreciated his playing more than i originally did.
So HELL YEAH, i would say he's more than a good guitar player, just not the top gun (pun intended) that some others are.
And then again, I do play guitar & some of the greatest, catchiest stuff in music history is not necessarily the most complex, so i guess simplicity has a place also.

well the people on the allman brothers forum say otherwise. they said at his best tracii was an ok rhythm guitar player but can't solo and can't write a song for shit. all this started when i stated tracii was an original member of guns n roses and i was basically called a liar. some of them even admit he was in guns n roses but when he was there it really wasn't guns n roses :erk: yes you are as confussed as me

having seen the band open for Iron Maiden in 1988, they sucked. they played their stuff and 2 covers which got polite applause, which was cat scratch fever & ain't talking bout love..but San Diego wanted Iron Maiden...not some lame 2nd class glam band...and no, he is not a good guitar player.

having seen the band open for Iron Maiden in 1988, they sucked. they played their stuff and 2 covers which got polite applause, which was cat scratch fever & ain't talking bout love..but San Diego wanted Iron Maiden...not some lame 2nd class glam band...and no, he is not a good guitar player.

the well informed strike again:rolleyes: l.a. guns wasn't glam unless you think guns n roses is also glam then yes the were glam. l.a. guns also started before most bands from the sunset strip. its as if i said judas priest are a 2nd rate iron maiden when priest pre date maiden by almost a 5 years

all this started when i stated tracii was an original member of guns n roses and i was basically called a liar. some of them even admit he was in guns n roses but when he was there it really wasn't guns n roses :erk: yes you are as confussed as me

I think the name says it all! Same with Fastway, Fast Eddy Clark & Pete Way. Pete never recorded with the band but they kept the name, I think the same applies for Tracii Guns

I wouldn't mind being able to play like him. Imo LA Guns are underrated, more people know Poison's music than LA Guns and they're a lot better than Poison for me. The only thing is they never produced big hits and Guns 'n' Roses was simply a cut above the rest, as was Motley Crue.

well i'm done with the allman brothers forum anyways. seems like a bunch of rednecks who can't read post on there. they take part of what i say and ignore the rest and try to be funny. all they keep saying is "guns at his best would be just a rhythm guitar player who can't write a good song which is why l.a. guns failed as a band. tracii should stick to putting on gallons of makeup and buying womens clothes since he can't play guitar". those remarks are so stupid, i barely have any pics of tracii even wearing makeup

... tracii should stick to putting on gallons of makeup and buying womens clothes since he can't play guitar". those remarks are so stupid, i barely have any pics of tracii even wearing makeup

Yeah, Allman Brother's fans should talk, seeing as their band looks like a bunch of child rapists.

AllmanBrothersBand.jpg

hey now i like the allman brothers, just seems the fans are retarded. dickey betts is a guitar god