tracii guns

mdmatt4ever

Sep 27, 2006
i just wanted to start a thread about a very underrated guitar player. he gets very little respect. people treat tracii with what i call the dave mustaine syndrome. tracii formed guns n roses and was kicked out before they got famous. now people say l.a. guns is a weak GNR ripoff even though they were around first and tracii guns sucks compared to slash. thats the same thing that happens to mustaine because he was in metallica first, now people say megadeth is a weak metallica. anyways not here to debate megadeth and metallica. if you own all the l.a. guns albums tracii plays on plus his solo album, the 2 brides of destruction albums and hear a few of the songs he guested on for other people its easy to tell that tracii is a way better guitar player than slash

yeah we know, we were just saying there was no one a teenager was going to get to play the guitar solo over EVH
No worries. You just stated the facts anyway, Sixx got more defensive and my comment was directed at him. It was merely an amusing observation on my part, nothing more nothing less.:)

Sixx got more defensive and my comment was directed at him.

How did you get that? I could careless what you think. I was just pointing out that he needed money and stated that if in that position "I" probably would have done the same thing... Comparing him and Eddie Van Halen is like comparing Jimmy Page and Ace Frehley...clearly two different styles and approaches to the instrument. Now you can try your hand at comedy but if your material tanks and you didn't get the laughs don't blame it on someone getting offended if it didn't happen...
Carry on.

How did you get that? I could careless what you think. I was just pointing out that he needed money and stated that if in that position "I" probably would have done the same thing... Comparing him and Eddie Van Halen is like comparing Jimmy Page and Ace Frehley...clearly two different styles and approaches to the instrument. Now you can try your hand at comedy but if your material tanks and you didn't get the laughs don't blame it on someone getting offended if it didn't happen...
Carry on.

i actually think tracii guns is influenced by van halen and frehley, where listening to slash he is influenced by joe perry and jimmy page so i guess saying i think tracii is better than slash doesn't really fit since you czan tell they don't have the same main influences IMO. i did mention on the megadeth forum the reason i think tracii is better is because slash isn't very diverse. he plays the same style of music in all of his bands. could you imagine slash doing "face down, "killing machine" or anything like the hugely underrated american hardcore?

Comparing him and Eddie Van Halen is like comparing Jimmy Page and Ace Frehley...clearly two different styles and approaches to the instrument.
Now you can try your hand at comedy but if your material tanks ...
*cough* I dont recall ever making those comparisons.

Tank, now there's a cool band:heh::headbang:

sorry mdmatt, didnt mean to hijack your thread but I may as well continue - I'm going to see LA Guns (for the 1st time ever) next weekend.:kickass:

Right. As guitarists they are worlds apart which is what I was trying to point out...

well not many people are in the same league as van halen.

what are your thoughts on the brides of destruction albums?

i think i'm the only person who likes the second album more than the first

POE,
Which LA Guns are you going to see? You know there are two versions touring the country right now.

i've seen both.

the version with phil lewis and steve riley of course have been vocals and drumming.

the version with tracci guns and paul black of course have better guitar playing.

the bass is about equal.

i think its funny someone was like tracii is easily replaceable. stacey blades is a good guitar player but nowhere near as good or creative as guns

You would be right...:p

:lol: the second album seems less like a grasp for mainstream acceptance and more like a hard rock album

btw i wish they had kept chris van dahl all 5 years phil was gone. he was a better singer than "american hardcore" showed. i like that album though i just wish we could have heard more from him. do you know if van dahl ever recorded anything else with any other band??