l.a. guns

mdmatt4ever

Member
Sep 27, 2006
2,742
23
38
Any l.a. guns/ tracii guns fans on here? he's an underrated guitar player and as far as l.a. guns is concerned i enjoy them more than guns n roses. don't know what it is about them but i think l.a. guns is better
 
I think they're a very under-rated band who should have been huge (or, at least, as big as any LA band from the late 80s).

The first two records are classics. They lost some steam with "Hollywood Vampires', and I lost interest after that. HOWEVER, I heard a track from their latest record on a compilation and was shocked by the heaviness of it!! Picked up the album earlier this year.....surprisingly strong!
 
I like LA Guns, saw both versions of the band in the last few weeks, played with Phil Lewis & Steve Riley's lineup at The Whisky on the 8th then 2 days later saw Tracii's lineup with the pre-Phil singer at the Cathouse Anniversary, but then Phil got up to do the last song with them which was awesome!

I reckon the video clips off the first album (mainly One More Reason, Bitch Is Back and Sex Action) are some of the best hard rock clips ever made, overload of bad boy Hollywood sleaze attitude!!!
 
I LOVE L.A. Guns! Cocked and Loaded, Hollywood Vampires, and Vicious Circle being my particular Favorites, but Wake the Dead and Tales from the strip are great too ... fanfreakintastic band! highly highly criminally underrated band!
 
Trixxi Trash said:
I like LA Guns, saw both versions of the band in the last few weeks, played with Phil Lewis & Steve Riley's lineup at The Whisky on the 8th then 2 days later saw Tracii's lineup with the pre-Phil singer at the Cathouse Anniversary, but then Phil got up to do the last song with them which was awesome!

I reckon the video clips off the first album (mainly One More Reason, Bitch Is Back and Sex Action) are some of the best hard rock clips ever made, overload of bad boy Hollywood sleaze attitude!!!


how was paul black's singing? that version is coming to a club near me and i might see them if he still sings awesome. i love the demos with him.
 
SoundMaster said:
I think they're a very under-rated band who should have been huge (or, at least, as big as any LA band from the late 80s).

The first two records are classics. They lost some steam with "Hollywood Vampires', and I lost interest after that. HOWEVER, I heard a track from their latest record on a compilation and was shocked by the heaviness of it!! Picked up the album earlier this year.....surprisingly strong!


i actually think they lost steam with american hardcore even though i like that album. they regained some steam in when phil lewis came back in the early 2000's then released two album with him. waking the dead was godlike then tracii left and formed brides of destruction which i thought were a good band.hopefully tracii will do a solo album or something new with his version of l.a. guns
 
poundingmetal74 said:
I'm a not a huge fan, but I've got the first 2 discs which were very good. One More Reason still gets regular "spins" on my Mp3 player :kickass:


if you like the first l.a. guns cd get blacklist. its a demo cd of l.a. guns with paul black singing. he has a way grittier voice than phil and the guitar work is better from tracii. plus he has he real versions of songs phil changed the lyrics too.

phil / paul

one more reason / one more reason to die

sex action / love and hate

never enough / looking over my shoulder

no mercy / show no mercy

one way ticket / one way ticket to love
 
About 6 months ago I saw an ad where Traci Gunns had hooked up with Kevin Dubrois (how do you spell his name?) from Quiet Riot and they were looking for a bass player for the new Quiet Riot. Anybody hear anything about that?
 
BEEN HAD said:
About 6 months ago I saw an ad where Traci Gunns had hooked up with Kevin Dubrois (how do you spell his name?) from Quiet Riot and they were looking for a bass player for the new Quiet Riot. Anybody hear anything about that?
That lasted about 2 months.
Dubrow has Alex Grossi in the band playing guitar and they git Chuck Wright back on bass...
I don't know if any of you check out the Brides of Destruction disc he did with Nikki Sixx that was great, the second was a mixed bag. The band was to feature Ginger from The Wild Hearts but he had a meltdown...
 
sixxswine said:
That lasted about 2 months.
Dubrow has Alex Grossi in the band playing guitar and they git Chuck Wright back on bass...
I don't know if any of you check out the Brides of Destruction disc he did with Nikki Sixx that was great, the second was a mixed bag. The band was to feature Ginger from The Wild Hearts but he had a meltdown...

not even 2 months, tracii and quiet riot deceided it wouldn't work.

brides of destruction were awesome. i enjoy both discs. do you have either or tracii guns solo albums? one is called killing machine, the other is called american hardcore but record execs told tracii he needs to release it as an l.a. guns disc.
 
mdmatt4ever said:
not even 2 months, tracii and quiet riot deceided it wouldn't work.

brides of destruction were awesome. i enjoy both discs. do you have either or tracii guns solo albums? one is called killing machine, the other is called american hardcore but record execs told tracii he needs to release it as an l.a. guns disc.

American Harcdcore was awful...
I have never heard Killing Machine. I have heard good things about that one.
I think it was only available as an import?!
 
sixxswine said:
American Harcdcore was awful...
I have never heard Killing Machine. I have heard good things about that one.
I think it was only available as an import?!


i like american hardcore but i think of it as a tracii album not l.a. guns because thats what it was recorded as. killing machine was available from i think perris records or something in the u.s. i saw it in stores all the time. it sounds like american hardcore mixed with vicious circle. the singer isn't as good as phil lewis but better than chris van dahl. its easly available used off of amazon or ebay. the import version is now called one of the song titles but can't remember which one.i liked the wasted e.p. with ralph on vocals and wish they did an album with him. have you heard the l.a. guns lineup thats touring now with paul black on vocals. i might go see them if someone says yes paul black still sings well
 
Paul Black sounded cool and looked great on stage too (better than Phil), Tracii was good as always! They would be worth seeing especially if ya like the early LA Guns - first album, demos & some Cocked & Loaded stuff.
 
mdmatt4ever said:
i like american hardcore but i think of it as a tracii album not l.a. guns because thats what it was recorded as. killing machine was available from i think perris records or something in the u.s. i saw it in stores all the time. it sounds like american hardcore mixed with vicious circle. the singer isn't as good as phil lewis but better than chris van dahl. its easly available used off of amazon or ebay. the import version is now called one of the song titles but can't remember which one.i liked the wasted e.p. with ralph on vocals and wish they did an album with him. have you heard the l.a. guns lineup thats touring now with paul black on vocals. i might go see them if someone says yes paul black still sings well
Who's the singer? I know Jizzy Pearl was the singer on Shrinking Violet...
Was that the album (Killing Machine) with Ralph Sanez?!
 
sixxswine said:
Who's the singer? I know Jizzy Pearl was the singer on Shrinking Violet...
Was that the album (Killing Machine) with Ralph Sanez?!


american hardcore= chris van dahl
wasted e.p.= ralph saenz
killing machine= riley baxter
 
Trixxi Trash said:
Paul Black sounded cool and looked great on stage too (better than Phil), Tracii was good as always! They would be worth seeing especially if ya like the early LA Guns - first album, demos & some Cocked & Loaded stuff.


sweet i'm gonna try to go for sure
 
damn i can't make that concert :mad:



anyone on here have the l.a. guns album hollywood raw the original demo's or something like that? its the demos from the first album and includes a bonus disc of a demo e.p. with the singer between axl rose and paul black, could be nmed mike something maybe. anyways if anyone has this do the demo's sound way different than the final album versions? i mean is it different enough to merit a purchase? how long is the second disc? i hear it was like 5 minutes long.