is "VIVA EMPTINES"....a concpet album....??

waz416

May 4, 2004
certain songs in that album heav a fugitive, escapee's accounts.........Im tlaking songs like "one year from now", "criminlas" and "Omerta"....besides otehres too........!!!!!........so u think prolly they were goin for aconcept album approcah there.....??.......PEAC EOUT

I dont know if anyone else remembers this....but there used to be this Varg kid on here and he was obsessed with the notion that all of katatonias alblums had some kind of concept.....I wish I could do some sort of search to find the thread.......without taking all fuckin night....

That thread was really indepth with the concept thing....and rediculous too......but entertaining.

While there is officially no concept, you're not the first person to have raised this idea. Personally I think there is definitely a loose idea behind the flow of the album. I think most people can understand the whole crime/jail/murder narrative through the album. They've even had band photos behind bars for crying out loud. But as for concept, I think it's looser than that and wouldn't want to suggest that the entire album was telling one story.

Jinn said:
The hell he is!

I'm the first person who put the album into perspective of a concept: A MOTION PICTURE!

I tell ya, I get no respect.

I said he "is not" the first person... If you were the first, congratulations, but you know we were all thinking about it. :loco:

....COMMUNIST NAZI FASCIST FRENCHIE!!!

but yea, my bad. I misread your post.

It's 4 AM here and I haven't slept a wink.

got a lot of shit on my mind.