ISIS - Hive Destruction

Death Cube K

Feb 22, 2003
Visit site
Has anyone heard of this band? ISIS is an incredibly massive sounding progressive metal band. When I say progressive, I dont mean your standard progressive stint such as Symphony X, Watchtower, or Dream Theatre -- ISIS embodies a form of progressive that is much greater, but at the same time much harder to see.

Nearly every song in the ISIS catalogue intertwine together to form one long story -- Their music emodies so much and is so spiritual and massive that it can be over whelming. Their music is made up of guitars, ambient sounds, and live drumming that hits you very hard and covers a mass spectrum of sounds.

I encourage anyone who enjoys metal, and music alone, to check out these guys.

Recommended Songs:

-From Sinking
-THe Other
-Maritime
-Deconstructing Towers
-Constructing Towers
-Collapse and Crush
-Poison Eggs
-Hive Destruction
-The Minus Times
-Celestial (The Tower)

Fantastic band... I'm gutted that I found out about their upcoming gigs in the UK a little too late to arrange to get to any of them... *sob*
Still, I can find contentment in my Oceanic album, and in my pride that I interviewed Aaron Turner for this very site (check the Interviews section, folks [/shameless plug]).

Originally posted by npearce
Oceanic pretty much elevated ISIS to a new level both mucically and commercially. Hopefully Ipecac continues to push this band as much as possible.

same here.

tehy are a great band. just got The Red Sea yesterday, completing my ISIS collection (minus Sgnl>5, which i don't really want). All of their stuff is great!!