ISIS- Oceanic

Old Man Gloom II is really good; III is good too, but it is too short. Check out Tribes of Neurot if you like Neurosis, especially Silver Blood Transmission for some completely awesome and eerie atmospheric music.

crimsonfloyd-
"I made the huge mistake of not buying it when I found it used for $10. Its definatly on my "CDs to buy list," (which is getting uncomfertably long)"

Yes...uncomfortably long. I share this dilemma also.

OK. What's up? You guys have been hording info again. Welcome to the club he says. WHAT CLUB. You've got to have members for there to BE a club. :p

Actually, I would recommend Cave In's first two albums, 'Beyond Hypothermia' and 'Until Your Heart Stops' for those wanting aggressive music with some proggy ingredients.

Hopkins-WitchfinderGeneral said:
Someone mentioned Cave in. Antenna is awesome, check it out guys. Very poppy but classic, great melodies and a modern sound.
Huh? Antenna is the biggest piece of shit ever. They have totally sold out, and I'm just glad Aaron Turner kicked them off Hydra Head. They were a disgrace to the label, and if one more person calls them progressive I will scream. I thought they just had a change of direction when Creative Eclipses came out, and even though Jupiter also sucks, I respected their decision because it was quite proggy. But Tides Of Tomorrow and Antenna have been AWFUL generick rock.

Masters Apprentice said:
Huh? Antenna is the biggest piece of shit ever. They have totally sold out, and I'm just glad Aaron Turner kicked them off Hydra Head. They were a disgrace to the label, and if one more person calls them progressive I will scream. I thought they just had a change of direction when Creative Eclipses came out, and even though Jupiter also sucks, I respected their decision because it was quite proggy. But Tides Of Tomorrow and Antenna have been AWFUL generick rock.

Just because you doin't like it, don't make it shit. Lots of people love it, and its hardly generic. I guess you wanted them to carry on making the same stuff forever huh?

Personally I think its great that they dared to change so completely and write melodic rock. They made three great albums of anvil in a skip metal and then decided to do something different. Congrats to them, they sure cut out the "scenesters" in their fanbase. :cool:

Hopkins-WitchfinderGeneral said:
I guess you wanted them to carry on making the same stuff forever huh?

Personally I would have liked to have seen where Cave In took the Until Your Heart Stops sound, instead of changing everything.

Personally I think its great that they dared to change so completely and write melodic rock. They made three great albums of anvil in a skip metal and then decided to do something different.

Change is not always good. Cave In is a perfect example.

Oceanic is awesome. I have trouble (or don't even try) getting my mates to like it as they don't go for the atmospheric stuff so much, but I love the way they just beat the shit out of the soundscape and then rub it all better :D

I heard Oceanic back in December and fucking hated it...I kept the mp3s on my computer anyway, and eventually got around to burning it, then decided I'd listen to it as I went to sleep. I was completely amazed that I didn't like it before, but hey...at least I love it now.

I was lucky enough to see Isis and Opeth both in the same week, both at the Mean Fiddler. Treats!:) Good, good week - Opeth, Madder Mortem, Isis, DJ Speedranch, Cult Of Luna, Johnny Truant (who weren't that great), and 27. Anyone else on here go to see Isis? Oh yeah, and I have to say, the Opeth show was actually the better of the two.

Antenna is an atrocious album. how can a band in a heart beat plummet from the height of their career in Jupiter, into some kind of mainstream crap-rock?

everandasaturday said:
I heard Oceanic back in December and fucking hated it...I kept the mp3s on my computer anyway, and eventually got around to burning it, then decided I'd listen to it as I went to sleep. I was completely amazed that I didn't like it before, but hey...at least I love it now.

I was lucky enough to see Isis and Opeth both in the same week, both at the Mean Fiddler. Treats!/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif Good, good week - Opeth, Madder Mortem, Isis, DJ Speedranch, Cult Of Luna, Johnny Truant (who weren't that great), and 27. Anyone else on here go to see Isis? Oh yeah, and I have to say, the Opeth show was actually the better of the two.
I went to see Opeth and Isis in the same week too. I can't believe you mentioned Johnny Truant weren't all that good yet said nothing about the fucking audiocrime that is DJ Speedranch.

Johnny Truant supporting were the major factor in me buying my Isis ticket, and they were awesome live.