Got Orchid..!

Dec 8, 2003
I got orchid for christmas (or Yule!!heh) and I just want to say that it´s fucking amazing..Not my favourite Opeth album, but still damn good!And I know that it will grow on me even more!
Other cd´s I got:
Porcupine Tree : In Absentia (Great! Buy it everyone!(My first PT album btw))
Anathema : A Natural Disaster (Great as well! Great atmosphere)
EOS : Crimson I and II (I have to say that I´m really dissapointed by both of them..They are excellent at parts, but I think that Dan kind of sounds like a fag when he does some of his clean vocals...Sorry,all you EOS fans,just my opinion though!)
I just wanted to give some opinions on the cd´s I got, but my real question is:
I ordered Oceanic by Isis, and Terria by Devin Townsend..Are they any good??
Ok,I should have asked before ordering,but it doesn´t really matter! Just wanted your opinions! Ok, thanks everyone! (This is my second thread only..)

Beyond Christ´s Embrace said:
t I think that Dan kind of sounds like a fag when he does some of his clean vocals...Sorry,all you EOS fans,just my opinion though!)

WHTH!HH!H!!!?!?!111!? MAN YOURE SO FUCKING STUPID LISTEN TO CRIMSON ITS REAL METAL NOT THIS OPETH SHIT.

hehe.. just fucking with you. but seriously, i used to think the exact same thing about some of the clean vocals on crimson 1, but after a while i got to love them. it takes some getting into, but the story/lyrics/music are great and perfect together. and mikael's on it too! as for the second one, pure genius too :) no akerfeldt but what can you do?

Beyond Christ´s Embrace said:
I got orchid for christmas (or Yule!!heh) and I just want to say that it´s fucking amazing..Not my favourite Opeth album, but still damn good!And I know that it will grow on me even more!

I just wanted to give some opinions on the cd´s I got, but my real question is:
I ordered Oceanic by Isis, and Terria by Devin Townsend..Are they any good??
Ok,I should have asked before ordering,but it doesn´t really matter! Just wanted your opinions! Ok, thanks everyone! (This is my second thread only..)
Orchid is their most underrated album! The music is rather amazing, I think it's least structured of all Opeth records. I also like the way the guitars are separated between right and left channels. You could never tell it's a debut album!

Oceanic by Isis and Terria by Devin Townsend are both great albums, good choices! It may take you a few listen to fully apprecialte DT. Isis is rather simple music, but I love the "doomy" feel of the album. Let us know what you think after you hear those albums!

-GK

K, Dan Swano is one of the greatest musicians in metal. Crimson I and II are both top metal albums of all time. How can you think otherwise... the depth and grace of Crimson I is eternal.

Ok, I have to say that Crimson really is a great album! I just don´t like Dan´s clean vocals that much..Some compare him to Mikael..I just don´t think he´s that good..
Crimson II however, in my opinion, isn´t at al as good as the first...I do´t know..I don´t like keyboards that much..And some of it sound too "power metal" or something, I don´t know..
Crimson 9/10
Crimson II 7.5/10..
I should get Isis today and DT on friday I think..

xxChaoticManifestoxx said:
Well, in my opinion... Dan Swano doesn't have very good clean vocals although you get used to it.

Hm, I think his are definitely above average. I don't know of anyone who compares him to Mikael, though.

More accurate:

Crimson: 10/10
Crimson II: 9/10