Just got Orchid

sknight

Are You Morbid?
I was a bit hesitant to get into it so soon, since I just started buying the more recent albums and I've heard the earlier stuff is pretty death-metalish (of which I'm not a huge fan).

I have to say that Orchid is yet another atypical album that transcends genres. An awesome album and cool sounds.

Just have Still Water and Morningrise left to complete my collection.

Heh, Still Water. It's Still Life. Anyway, Orchid is my second favorite Opeth album, just behind Morningrise.

Orchid as I've always said.....
is the best. Thank you. If they play at least ONE track from that album live on the upcoming tour I'd be spent for life.

It's a tad spooky, a little (good) weird in parts, a bit harsh, and has a Euro metal sound in others.

The bass and guitar sounds are pretty weird and cool.

I'm glad I didn't forego this album for something else due to my lack of interest in most death metal because this is something not exactly like it.

Luz. Cuz i heard under the weeping moon and it didnt really stick in my head, and its like morningrise (in sound) i dont think its worth paying 41 dollars (bout 20 us) for. I will buy it one day though.

you left out a couple: "mourningrise" (i just heard about this one yesterday) and "satanic dirge - like candy corn". that one's an EP and kinda hard to find.
good luck.