Just got Orchid

dorian gray said:
you left out a couple: "mourningrise" (i just heard about this one yesterday) and "satanic dirge - like candy corn". that one's an EP and kinda hard to find.
good luck.
ICE CREAAAAAAM FOUUND IN THE MOOST NORTHEERRRN PAAARTS OF MIKES 70s POOORN MUSTAAAAAACHE

Décadent said:
I choose the nacho hat, because nachos are from mexico, and mexicans are lazy.
bwahahaha! Decadent's sole purpose on this forum: make me laugh
Hey Nick, where is Jaykeegan?

Eh, I wouldn't say orchid has the most lush melodis at all... most of its just two guitars.... I think the later albums have much more layering going on..

Orchid is fucking amazing though. it took a couple years for it to grow on me though, but now I totally appreciate it... Forest of October is one of the if not THE best songs theyve ever done IMO

dorian gray said:
bwahahaha! Decadent's sole purpose on this forum: make me laugh
Hey Nick, where is Jaykeegan?

Jay takes his studies very seriously, and has somehow managed to pry himself from the computer desk and do something productive. For that, I salute him.

And...the most underrated song on that album, imo, is The Twilight is My Robe, good god I love that song...definately in my top 5 Opeth songs...and someone said something along the lines of "If you don't like Mourningrise, then you'll hate Orchid."...not true...I don't particularly like Mourningrise that much and I LOVE Orchid.

I love Orchid. I've had the cd in my car for a couple of weeks now, and I listen to it every time I drive. I'm in love with the part in Forest of October; "From the eternal sea I rose". Damn good cd. It's a shame to call yourself an Opeth fan and not own it.

orchid is the shit, man I hope next time i see Opeth they at least play "Forest of October" or "The APostle in Triumph"

yeah and I've got to agree, I mean I love Morningrise, but I'm a much bigger fan of Orchid

ohhh, i love the guitar playing. The "duelling" guitars so exquisite:)

I like to sit by the stereo and wiggle the balance cotrol back and forth, to hear the differenet harmonies. I like the old demo feel productions of orchid, it´s a classic