ISON

Certainly looks like a comet and many scientists agree that it is in fact, a comet of the comet variety.

c0bdb610c273ce65412159845a9c1f2101dc9f2c6485acb7530e73830812245b.jpg

Comet ISON is thought by scientists to be a dirty snowball, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. ISON and all comets, like asteroids, are probably mostly just rock with very little ice.

When the world accepts this it will be a better place. Unfortunately, not likely to happen any time soon.

Comet ISON is thought by scientists to be a dirty snowball, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. ISON and all comets, like asteroids, are probably mostly just rock with very little ice.

When the world accepts this it will be a better place. Unfortunately, not likely to happen any time soon.

1380514876_Mark-Wahlberg-Confused-In-The-Happening.gif

well, you know... to GGI "overwhelming evidence" and "naked assertion" basically mean the same thing.

This thread is here to discuss ISON, not to discuss GGI.

There is a whole bunch of weird, unexplainable shit about comets. But all that weird, unexplainable shit becomes obvious and explainable when you consider that they may not be dirty snowballs.

The problem is that the way the science heirarchy is currently set up, comets will always be considered dirty snowballs. Even if we go mount a comet and drill into it and find only rock then scientists will still find a way to call them dirty snowballs and explain why we cannot see the ice, but the ice is still there somehow.

The whole fucking thing is a joke.

I am aware of that. I was just stating the obvious for readers who may not be aware of your, uhh, unique method of inquiry and analysis. Sure enough, you have some interesting things to say about comets. haha

Ok thanks. Unfortunately I have to agree with you. The tried and true method of observation is no longer a focus in Astrophysics and astronomy. Observation is now a nearly unique method of inquiry and analysis, as you say. Instead we rely on models built upon 50 year old theories. It is really sad. Most astrophysicists do not know how to use a telescope but they can program the hell out of SQL and make maths like it's nobody's business.

Unfortunately I cannot take full credit for this amazing discovery. That may surprise you. Though I am clearly a genius and my intellect is far beyond anything you could possibly conceive, someone else actually discovered that the science world is every bit as corrupt as the entertainment industry, sports, and politics. I am equally humble as I am smart, attractive, and physically superb. Therefore I acknowledge that someone else made this discovery before did. Fortunately I am gracious enough to share this knowledge with you less fortunate beings.

As if. About ten years ago I was in a work training class and I bumped into this guy who said he had studied astronomy in college. I started asking him questions and he kept saying how everything you read about in science is bullshit. I thought the guy was a moron. Ten years later after hearing countless other folks share their stories I am fully convinced that this moron was right. I wish I bumped into him again so I could apologize.