Issues with my ddrum triggers

jaredistheman

Feb 16, 2010
Memphis, Tn
So i'm having an issue with the signal my kick drum trigger putting off. It's a very messy waveform and its hard to see the transients. It's also creating a lot of false triggering. Id like for the waveforms to look like the ones from the tom triggers but i'm not sure if it's possible, and if it is how do i achieve it.

Thanks!

How's your kick tuned? Sounds to me like you're kick is tuned high and resonating alot. Try tuning it lower and throwing a pillow in the drum?

If you've already got it tuned low then I'm not quite sure what's going on. I've never had a problem with the signal from my Ddrum triggers.

Yeah you need to stuff it and tune the batter head lower so it's really just the attack of beaters that the trigger is picking up.

Well you don't necessarily have to stuff the shit out of it, I've used Ddrum triggers on kicks with only a pillow in it and had no problems with double triggers. I think it's either a tuning or technique issue.

Tune the head all the way down so it's totally loose. Finger tighten it and then give it a 1/2 turn with the drum key. See how you get on from there.

make sure the trigger isnt too pressed against the head , or not pressed against it enough. also make sure the trigger is at the right place on the hoop. i had the same problem