Istanbul Rockistanbul Fest Concert

Volfied

The Natural Disaster
Sep 7, 2003
Istanbul, Turkey
Yesterday you guys just rocked the whole place.

I've decided that Jonas is who I want to look like and wannabe in the future (and as I've read somewhere he is only 4 years older than me :))

I didn't know all the songs except Recreation Day, but I'l be sure to buy the albums, and learn all the songs with their solos, drums, and lyrics :)

BTW: I was disappointed when you didn't play A Scattered Me (It's one of the few songs I've listened to, but my favourite) or Madness Caught Another Victim (an acoustic taste would be nice for the concert :))

now some images

henrik.jpg

Jonas and Me (you are talented Jonas :D)

jonasben.jpg

evergrey_and_us.jpg

I have another pic with Tom but it is not uploaded to a site.

The one with the Evergrey longsleeve is me!

The gig rocked. It was one of the best live performances I have ever seen. It was way better than the Queensryche show in the same festival.

Here is the setlist of the gig(not in order):

-Solitude Within
-Nosferatu
-She Speaks to Dead
-The Masterplan
-Rulers of the Mind
-Blinded
-End of Your Days
-Recreation Day
-I'm Sorry
-A Touch of Blessing
-More than Ever

The guys really kicked ass and they were really cool people. After the gig, they came down near the fans, they talked, signed albums and etc.

Yeah, coming down and mixing to the crowd was the best thing that any band did in the entire festival. Evergrey was not so well known as Anathema, but all those who listened to them really loved EG's music.

I mean, Jonas Ekdahl has become my new idol, 21 and playing drums like that, few can do that :)

They are older, like born in 70's, but my friend (who introduced me ointo many bands I'm a fan of now, in other words my teacher in music :p) told me that Jonas was a roadie until now and he became the drummer after Patrick Carlsson. So he only worked with the band in The Inner Circle.

Volfied said:
They are older, like born in 70's,

Way to make ME feel old now. ;) Aside from Jonas, they're in their low to mid 30s, except Mike, who's slightly younger than I, so he's 25 or 26? I think Henrik's bday was last week, too. 31? I think he'd just turned 30 at the BWBK fest last year. (help me out here, Ang!) :loco: