Cheers for the bonus tracks!

ProgMetalFan

In the attic
Jan 3, 2002
PITTSBURGH
On the limited edition of "The Inner Circle", the fans are treated to 3 acoustic bonus tracks from live performances in France. These are:

I'm Sorry
Recreation Day
Madness Caught Another Victim

I must say, I am shocked at how good these tracks turned out to be. Evergrey is wonderful even in this most delicate and fragile state. Tom's soulful vocals really have the opportunity to shine through. He is certainly one of the best voices in metal. Rikard's piano playing is beautiful too. I'm really impressed with the way Evergrey re-arranged "Recreation Day", which is originally a very grandiose song that I had not envisioned as adaptable to acoustic format. These wonderful bonus tracks are the icing on the delicious cake of an album Evergrey has created for us. Thanks Evergrey!

Is the special edition available in stores or will I have to order it?

I agree with ProgMetalFan on the bonus tracks. They are definitely very beautiful, showing the "soft" side of Evergrey while still maintaining the class Evergrey atmosphere. Excellent stuff!

I like the other two acoustic tracks, but Rec Day came off as kind of awkward, particularly the beginning. It's hard to make a transition from something that heavy to a slow acoustic bit.

jaimek said:
I like the other two acoustic tracks, but Rec Day came off as kind of awkward, particularly the beginning. It's hard to make a transition from something that heavy to a slow acoustic bit.

It's alot different on the acoustic version I agree. They pulled it off really good though at the Cleveland Acoustic show

jaimek said:

If by awkward you mean totally kickass... then I agree! :loco: