So, I've listened to the new Evergrey album....

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
So I've been given the lucky opportunity to hear the new Evergrey album in its entirety. All I can say is..."MAMA MIA!"

Evergrey continue to do what they have always done for with every album for me, evolve. They retain that unique Evergrey vibe, but everything just GROWS. Melodies, arrangements, musicianship, production, everything. Heck there's even a tune on here where they get a little bluesy (Waking Up Blind) and it was very surprising at how GOOD it sounded within the realm of Evergrey! This album also has some of the darker vibe that I thought Recreation Day had...that dark aggressive vibe that is. Tom's voice, while I have always thought it had massive emotion to it, just oozes even more emotion on this album, more so than any other they have released. And let's not forget about the awesome Carina and her voice! This album contains her best work yet, and lots of it! I can't wait to hear her on her own album one of these days. There's even a real deal string symphony orchestra on this album, and damn it if that doesn't leave me wanting more in future Evergrey music. Just the perfect blend of musical emotions. Guitar solos and fills continue to make me want to smash my guitar. I've always thought Tom and Henrik have some pretty unique solo work and rhythm playing, this album continues not to disappoint in that department.

cov-evergrey-innercircle-300.jpg

Not too much longer until The Inner Circle will be released! In the meantime Tom wanted to share a couple clips with you all, so head on over to the website and check them out!

T... S.... Ei.... W. Li..... T. Th. E.t... A..u. O. N.t..., No. I. C..'. W...

Speechless :tickled:

If these (waaaaaay too short) samples represent the entire album, i'll probably wet my paints when i get the opportunity after listening to its entirety.

Terriffic job guys, and thanks for sharing.

Finally something to make this outherwise lousy morning somewhat better. Skip that, a lot better! These clips ROCK :headbang: (Not that I had expected anything different mind you)

I have one question though and it's one I always ask before a new Evergrey album. Is there any song on the album that's in the vein of For Every Tear That Falls, Words Mean Nothing and Different Worlds? Those kind of melancholy ballads always send a shiver down my spine and tend to be my favourites on an Evergrey album.

I love Evergrey's melancholy ballads as well, Strahd. Their ballads just seem to have this very gothic, romantic (in the classical sense) quality to them.

The clips are excellent.

jaimek said:
*runs to listen before she has to run to work*
Wow- what a tease! All I can say is that it passed my goosebump test. Tom continues to shiver my timbers!!!!
Can't wait till April even though they probably won't have the CD at the 4/18 Cleveland show :cry: :cry:

If this album lives up to all the expectations set by past albums and advance press like Deron's post, it will easily become my favorite Evergrey album...they've always struck me as a band that devotes themselves to continual improvement with each album.

And more Carina is always a good thing.

High Speed Kurt said:
What about the really heavy agressiveness? Im not hearing that in the clips.
these clips are 3 minutes of a 50 minute album... i wouldn't get to worried

the clips are awesome anyways