it is hard to practice along with a CD

VangelicSurgeon

Three Star General
Jul 26, 2002
www.maudlinofthewell.com
WHEN YOUR ACOUSTIC IS M.I.A...........

og3ssm.gif

Originally posted by chupe666
Like this? If so, it looks pretty sweeeeeet. I couldn't afford the fancy inlays and shit. Bottom barrel fer me. But the Taylor sounds & plays pretty good.

Taylor is definitely not the bottom of the barrell by any stretch. i wish i could afford one. i used to play them all the time at the music store i worked at.

i did get to strum a D chord on a 1 million dollar martin once. but only once.

The only reason i have one is that me and my gf saw a used 310 while in a Guitar Center once for $500- i think they just put it out that day. I jumped on that momma like stank on a ho. the guy who traded it in took great care of it, so it's practically new.

And I always feel like the Martin police are gonna jump out of the shadows and point tasers and shit at me when I pick one up. Where the hell was this million$ one?

Originally posted by chupe666
The only reason i have one is that me and my gf saw a used 310 while in a Guitar Center once for $500- i think they just put it out that day. I jumped on that momma like stank on a ho. the guy who traded it in took great care of it, so it's practically new.

And I always feel like the Martin police are gonna jump out of the shadows and point tasers and shit at me when I pick one up. Where the hell was this million$ one?

The Boston Architectural Center was doing this exhibition on guitars a couple years ago to go along with a guitar exhibit at the Museum of Fine Arts, and this guy I worked with had connections with Martin and they agreed to let the BAC have these three guitars for display, two of which were 1 million dollars and one of which was like $700,000 or some obscene amount. I got to go with the guy to help deliver the goods over to the BAC and was holding one of the ones for a few minutes while they set up a stand for it.

dammit, I finally found a pic that's close to what my git looks like:
i-1.JPG

'cept mines a cutaway, like I said. Same finish though.

I used to hang out at a guitar store a lot and got to play lots of super-expensive guitars. Always a good time to play sabbath riffs on a $15k gibson.

The Boston Architectural Center was doing this exhibition on guitars a couple years ago to go along with a guitar exhibit at the Museum of Fine Arts, and this guy I worked with had connections with Martin and they agreed to let the BAC have these three guitars for display, two of which were 1 million dollars and one of which was like $700,000 or some obscene amount. I got to go with the guy to help deliver the goods over to the BAC and was holding one of the ones for a few minutes while they set up a stand for it.

*resisting urge to comment*