It just gets better....

Officer Friendly

Masshole
Mar 9, 2004
Now Lars is raggin on the Black Album...their best selling product. I Love It!!!
It just gets better! St. Wanker is a thrash speed metal disc. Nothing is this
funny! ...and that's the tip of the iceberg. Lars is such a fucking homo.

METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich has told the Rocky Mountain News that he understands why understand why some fans were initially thrown by the "thrashing speed-metal" nature of the band's latest album, "St. Anger".

"It's so beating. I can understand now how challenging the record was," he said. "Compared to a song like 'Wherever I May Roam', it sounds like World War III. It makes the 'Black Album' sound like BON JOVI or something.

"I can understand that some of the people into the more straightforward things we've done can be scared [listening to 'St. Anger']. It's OK to be scared and overwhelmed and challenged. I'm proud that we didn't (wimp) out. A couple of times we kinda set out to make a record that was raw and a little more aggressive and we kinda (wimped) out. We started cleaning things up, we started putting James' (Hetfield's) vocals in tune. We left 'St. Anger' as raw as it was."

And longtime fans knew it wasn't out of character for the band. "…And Justice For All' is borderline unlistenable to my ears," Ulrich said of the band's classic 1988 release. Then again, "when we put 'Fade to Black' on our second record ['Ride the Lightning'], a lot of the hardcore fans were freaking out - 'Oh my God, an acoustic guitar, they've lost it!' That was what, 21 years ago or something? For a band that lost it 21 years ago, I think we're doing OK."

...this is the end...beautiful friend..the end..... ...
Damnit! Lars is delusional, he needs to be committed. That idiot finds new ways of sounding like an asshole everyday.

I often wonder where my amusement would come from if I didn't have Lars. I mean, he's really goddamn enertaining when you think about it.

St. Anger....to punishing? To strong an album for it's listeners to comprehend? Hm...yeah. That "tink, tink" of the snare is too punishing for my ears. He's right... It's very punishing.

Black Album sounding like BON JOVI compared to St. Wanker? My god! I think that BONG JOVI (it was a typo, I swear!) sounds like Black Album compared to St. Wanker. I know, it doesn't sound like it makes sense, but what I mean is that that Metal Masterpiece (due to lack of a better term) isn't wimpy like Bon Jovi compared to St. Wanker, but that Bon Jovi sounds like a metal mastermind compared to St. Wanker.

I am so pleased with his attempts to build St. Wanker up by tearing everything
else down.

Please Lars, tell us St. Wanker is better than Master of Puppets.
I can't wait.
This is the most enjoyment I've found in Metallica since 1987.

Considering how fucking dumb, Lars is... I think I would'nt even pay to see metallica live anymore...

p.s. they did put the wrong one in rehab, they should have sent lars in cause whatever he's smoking... must be some pretty hard stuff :loco:

OF, even I am nearly a metallica hater, but I don't really think that metallica (st.fager, reload etc) is the same band as MetallicA (The band which has Blackened, Whiplash, Damage Inc. etc).

Sorath said:
OF, even I am nearly a metallica hater, but I don't really think that metallica (st.fager, reload etc) is the same band as MetallicA (The band which has Blackened, Whiplash, Damage Inc. etc).

You're right. It's not the same band. Dave Mustaine who wrote most of their
early material, aside what they plagerised from everyone else, is not in Metallica
and Cliff Burton is dead.

Oh, bullshit. Why does everyone take Dave Mustaine's words at face value? He spent an entire fucking decade out of his mind on heroin; you think what he's got to say is straight-up truth? In my ind, he gets credit for what he's listed as writing: no more, no less.

aside what they plagerised from everyone else

Trapped Under Ice - verse riff
Creeping Death - bridge riff
(and I've still yet to see anyone say definitely "Gary and/or Rick wrote those first." Anyone wanna step forward?)
For Whom the Bells Tolls - the riff from "Fairies Wear Boots"
Master of Puppets - verse riff possibly from an obscure Metal Church demo, but unlikely as it's such a simple musical idea it's the kind of thing that two seperate bands could come up with.

There we go. The extent of their fabled riff burglary.

Pyrus said:
There we go. The extent of their fabled riff burglary.

You forgot about the main riff for Sanitarium.

BTW, the Creeping Death riff is Exodus' "Die By His Hand" and Metallica
ripped off lyrics too. I have the song.

Gary or Rick admit it? Paul Baloff admittted it. End of Story.

Dave has said for some time that the riff in Leper Messiah at 3:16 was written by him and is from an early song that was being written called When the Hills Run Red, or something close to that. Didn't Metallica settle with him out of court for that anyway though? EncyMet used to have a quote from James about that riff but its not there anymore.

Since I've never shyed away from the fact that I love Metallica (except for the last album) I thought I would share something positive.

GOVERNORS AWARD
Metallica were honored with the 2004 Governors Award for creative excellence and outstanding achievement by the San Francisco Chapter of the Recording Academy. The 2004 Governors Awards gala — the Chapter's largest fundraiser of the year — was held on Monday, March 15 in the Grand Ballroom of the historic Westin St. Francis Hotel in San Francisco's Union Square.
According to a posting on Metallica's web site, "the guys received their award from well-known local concert promoter Gregg Perloff, who has no shortage of stories about live Metallica shows in the Bay Area and managed to tell a few last night. Band friend and neighbor, Carlos Santana, performed in a tribute to Mickey Hart while a local all-star band, including Chino from the Deftones, saluted Metallica. Each band member spoke about what San Francisco and the thriving music scene means to them and the long historical connection between the band and the city by the Bay."