It seems Crimson II is selling really good

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
I just went to Amazon.com and checked the Sales Rank and compared it with some other stuff. This is how it looks:

Edge of Sanity - Crimson II
Amazon.com Sales Rank: 13,670

Arch Enemy - Anthems of Rebellion
Amazon.com Sales Rank: 3,163

Soilwork - Figure Number Five
Amazon.com Sales Rank: 14,345

In Flames - Reroute to Remain
Amazon.com Sales Rank: 7,313

Well, you may think "how's that good selling?". Let me explain, considering that EOS is no where near as these bands and they're still selling shows how they actually have a great fanbase. And anything that is below the 15,000 rank is good believe me. I've seen all these big bands and their rank is like 200,000.

Here's another comparison of C2 with the other Dan Swano-related albums.

Moontower 84,567
Purgatory Afterglow 96,156
Crimson 1 34,177
Alive Again 174,528
I 120,504
Space Metal 16,145

So, you see? It is almost shocking how bad Nightingale's numbers are. Another proof that prog rock has never been, and will never be popular.

It's good C2 sells though. Hopefully Dan will make a few bucks off of it to continue making the music he loves.

Yeah but lots and lots and lots also buy their albums from other places... especially metalheads. I think many metalheads order from smaller and more specialized places than amazon, so their numbers aren't really relevant. However, it seems C2 is doing ok through amazon. I bet it's doing better in some other stores though.

Nefilim said:
Yeah but lots and lots and lots also buy their albums from other places... especially metalheads.
All metal/progheads I know have always got their stuff from Ginza. Would be interesting to see a similar sales chart from them!