It would be cool if the new SYL album had a studio recording of Far Beyond Metal

if you read in the lyrics section for no sleep till bedtime you will find a text before the lyrics of far beyond metal that says that they will be a studio recording of the song for the next album. lets just wish Devy didnt forgot.

The "next album" could well be the first attempt at a followup to City that bombed. It was supposed to be an album's worth of far beyond metal-s.

Originally posted by Eyesore
I don't think so. They 7 or 8 new songs they played on the last tour were not like Far Beyond Metal, they were definitely typical SYL tracks, in fact, most were heavier...

heavier than city eh , thats very interesting. of course the new SYL cant sound like far beyond metal , SYL is not power metal...but as a bonus track , this is far from be impossible. japanese bonus track maybe.

From what I've heard about the new SYL stuff, it's supposed to be more mature than the other records - so Far Beyond Metal would be totally out of place. But like you said, possibly as a bonus track, or on the follow up to Ass-Sordid if we get one...

No no no what I meant was... they began recording the third SYL album a long time ago. The sessions were aborted. If you read backissues of the newsletter, you can get an idea of how well things went. You'll see an SYL death announcement, implications that everyone but Gene is splitting... not good times overall.