It's been a long 'Time' but...

Mar 10, 2008
Abingdon, UK
Wintersun are back!!!!!!! And i've not been on here in an age so i'm back too, but that's slightly less exciting :lol:

Behold the following update from the Wintersun camp:

Hello friends!

Time for some album(s) news. Wintersun's Time is going to be two albums, titled Time I & Time II. We made this decision simply because of few reasons:

- All the 80min of material won't fit on a regular CD and we didn't want to cut anything out.

- We want you to be able to hear new material sooner and not wait any longer and we want to go on tour sooner.

- The music is very full and complex, so listening this kind of "hard listening (not easy listening)" material straight for 80 minutes is a bit too much (even for me). Both albums will be approx. nice 40 min epic packages of fireworks.

- We like the idea of releasing two albums within one year, so the band will stay more visible longer, which is important in these "modern times". No more years of silence for us!

We hope you'll approve our new little "plan" and support us when the Time comes!

The tracklisting for Time I looks like this:

Time I

01. When Time Fades Away
02. Sons Of Winter And Stars
I - Rain Of Stars
II - Surrounded By Darkness
III - Journey Inside A Dream
IV - Sons Of Winter And Stars
03. Land Of Snow And Sorrow
04. Darkness and Frost
05. Time

Time I mix is set to be finished by July, mastered in the beginning of July and released in early fall of 2012! Time II will be released in 2013. Conception of album artworks, videos, live shows incl. rehearsals will keep us busy during the summer and I'll also continue mixing Time II meanwhile. We'll be hopefully posting some videos and teasers during summer. Also some new live show announcements soon, so stay tuned for those!

We can't wait for you guys to hear Time I material and play it to you live! Have a great summer!

Jari & Wintersun boys

So, who's been waiting an age for this?

Welcome back dude!

As for Wintersun, I love their Debut and I'm looking forward to at least one new album.

I have no problem with the idea of having two albums within one year, but 'Time I' and 'Time II'?! Oh dear, I see they put a great amount of effort into those titles. *sarcasm*

Would've been cool to have better titles, but shit, two albums in a year, FINALLY (HOPEFULLY), after 8 years... yes, please! About time!

:lol: Yeah they definitely rushed that decision, it could have even been 'The Dawn of Time' and 'Jump Through Time'; at least something more imaginative than 'I' and 'II'... the music shall speak for itself though, and it has quite a lot to live up to considering the length of time everyone's had to wait for it. Speaking of long waits, what ever happened to the 'new album of might' from Lost Horizon? I think they've been proved wrong since they said they could replace daniel heiman...

I have no issues with this, so long as they don't expect me to pay album price for each.

This I am curious about, Andy! What's your reasoning for that? I personally am willing to pay full album price for both of these. Given the quality of Wintersun's debut and the obvious amount of time and effort that went into these (and how much material they said will be released), I'm totally willing to pay for both.

This I am curious about, Andy! What's your reasoning for that? I personally am willing to pay full album price for both of these. Given the quality of Wintersun's debut and the obvious amount of time and effort that went into these (and how much material they said will be released), I'm totally willing to pay for both.

Me too. I mean, each album is said to be over 40 minutes, and there are lots of bands that release shorter albums than that.

Also, you can bet your ass Nuclear Blast is going to release a deluxe edition of these albums about six months to a year after II is out.

Agree with you two guys. I assume they are both Full Length Albums, therefore I wouldn't expect them to be particularly cheaper than any such albums by any Band, it's just that it seldom happens that a Band will release two Original Studio Albums within such short space of each other, especially these days.

I can certainly understand that. Goes for any form of entertainment really, especially as times continue to get tougher financially a lot of people are, wisely, putting more thought in the implications of the cost of something and whether it is value for money.

Obviously there's always a degree of risk in buying an album you haven't experienced any, or at least some of already but if you buy one and it turns out you like it or in fact really like it, you're paying for so much more than just X amount of minutes of Music, considering all the repeat listens you're likely to have of it.

I'd rather pay £10 for 40 minutes of Music that is of a very high quality and that I'll likely feel compelled to listen to multiple times, than the same amount for 70 minutes of Music, of which half or more of it is not the quality I would expect.

In fact I see a trend nowadays, particularly applying to more commercially successful Bands and Artists, where they are releasing Albums with 70 + Minutes worth of Music on them, but there's a lot of Filler and Songs last longer than is necessary, decreasing some of the songs in their quality.

And when the latter applies, for me at least, there's a bigger feeling that I have not spent my money well by buying that album, particularly as I will give it less repeat listens (or worse yet, leave it on the self for eternity or sell it on).

Then of course is the option of waiting for an Album to appear in a Sale or generally go down in Price. In fact, I wish I could stop my compulsion for buying certain things as soon as they are released at Full Price because of what could arguably be considered simply a lack of patience (when you actually think about it). Obviously in some cases there's a desire to do this in order to show your support for a Band/Artist, but I could definitely tone it down on quite a few things.

Sorry for what ended up being a Wall of Text! I'm going to Bed now! :lol:

I agree with what Mr. Face said!

Also, I just noticed - that new song they played last year, The Way of the Fire, isn't on Time I's tracklist. Hope it's on II, 'cause that was an awesome song!

Also, I just noticed - that new song they played last year, The Way of the Fire, isn't on Time I's tracklist. Hope it's on II, 'cause that was an awesome song!

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that it will be on Time II, if not I'm sure it will make an appearance as a special edition bonus. No doubt Nuclear Blast will do a deluxe double edition like the Avantasia Box-set as was said earlier.