Wintersun - Time, UPDATE!

ArneZ

No rules in metal
Nov 19, 2006
"Finland's WINTERSUN have released the following update regarding their long-awaited second album:

Hello friends!

Time for some album(s) news. Wintersun's Time is going to be two albums, titled TIME I & TIME II. We made this decision simply because of few reasons:

- All the 80min of material won't fit on a regular CD and we didn't want to cut anything out.

- We want you to be able to hear new material sooner and not wait any longer and we want to go on tour sooner.

- The music is very full and complex, so listening this kind of "hard listening (not easy listening)" material straight for 80 minutes is a bit too much (even for me). Both albums will be approx. nice 40 min epic packages of fireworks.

- We like the idea of releasing two albums within one year, so the band will stay more visible longer, which is important in these "modern times." No more years of silence for us!

We hope you'lll approve our new little "plan" and support us when the "Time" comes!

The track listing for TIME I looks like this:

TIME I

1. When Time Fades Away

2. Sons of Winter and Stars

I Rain of Stars

II Surrounded by Darkness

III Journey Inside a Dream

IV Sons of Winter and Stars

3. Land of Snow and Sorrow

4. Darkness and Frost

5. Time

TIME I mix is set to be finished by July, mastered in the beginning of July and released in early fall of 2012! TIME II will be released in 2013. Conception of album artworks, videos, live shows incl. rehearsals will keep us busy during the summer and I'll also continue mixing TIME II meanwhile. We'll be hopefully posting some videos and teasers during summer. Also some new live show announcements soon, so stay tuned for those!

We can't wait for you guys to hear TIME I material and play it to you live! Have a great summer!

- Jari & Wintersun boys"

Well holy shit, the new Wintersun album will see the light of day!!!

No one with relevant opinions cares about this.

Should be a good laugh when it is somehow worse than the debut however.

Even though I originally posted this as a bit of a joke a few years ago, I recall it sparking quite a shitstorm in its wake :lol::

I have this habit of not listening to really fucking horrible and gay stupid fucking faggot music, so I've never heard Wintersun before. I just went to their myspace though, and this is really fucking horrible and gay stupid fucking faggot music. This is so fucking stupid. This is cartoon, video game music bullshit. And I don't mean video game music like music made for video games. This is music made by people who listen to video game music and want their fucking song to be in Guitar Hero. This is a mockery and a defacement of what makes metal a viable form of music. This is some of the worst, most horrible, cartoonish, most bullshit 'metal' I've ever heard in my life. This music makes me want to punch my testicles off. When they're not being fucking video game characters racing through retarded chord progressions with useless melodies played behind them, they're meandering through HORRIBLE, completely fucking abysmal, sappy, saccharine 'emotional' passages that are so completely shallow and transparent that I can't possibly believe that these musicians take themselves seriously. I almost expect to hear an incidental bout of laughter at some point as the musicians can't contain themselves, but their music is so computer generated that I'm sure the laughter was promptly pro tooled out. This is damn near everything that could go wrong with a metal band rolled into a giant fucking flaming ball of faggotry.

:lol:

I actually enjoyed the shit out of the first one. Mort is just a tard

I second that.

Looking forward to it. Should be pretty awesome I loved the debut.

Just a little disappointed that I'll have to wait until the second album to hear the album version of "The Way of The Fire"

I have this habit of not listening to really fucking horrible and gay stupid fucking faggot music, so I've never heard Wintersun before. I just went to their myspace though, and this is really fucking horrible and gay stupid fucking faggot music. This is so fucking stupid. This is cartoon, video game music bullshit. And I don't mean video game music like music made for video games. This is music made by people who listen to video game music and want their fucking song to be in Guitar Hero. This is a mockery and a defacement of what makes metal a viable form of music. This is some of the worst, most horrible, cartoonish, most bullshit 'metal' I've ever heard in my life. This music makes me want to punch my testicles off. When they're not being fucking video game characters racing through retarded chord progressions with useless melodies played behind them, they're meandering through HORRIBLE, completely fucking abysmal, sappy, saccharine 'emotional' passages that are so completely shallow and transparent that I can't possibly believe that these musicians take themselves seriously. I almost expect to hear an incidental bout of laughter at some point as the musicians can't contain themselves, but their music is so computer generated that I'm sure the laughter was promptly pro tooled out. This is damn near everything that could go wrong with a metal band rolled into a giant fucking flaming ball of faggotry.

:lol: I fucking remember that.

Wintersun are ok. I'm sure Dodens Grav said he enjoyed the first Ensiferum album and the Wintersun album is surely on a par with that.

Wintersun are ok. I'm sure Dodens Grav said he enjoyed the first Ensiferum album and the Wintersun album is surely on a par with that.

From the same thread:

Actually, even though I don't like Ensiferum, the songwriting is exactly why they're better than Wintersun. Wintersun is clearly more ambitious, but they overextend themselves to such a great extent that the songs at least that are on their myspace all inevitably morph into an incoherent mess. Ensiferum is more simple and straightforward, and this better serves the songwriters' skill level. Ambition is a great thing. Ambition without skill is Wintersun.

I kind of agree with you about Wintersun, in that there songs have some cool parts but go on quite a bit without really gelling. However, I don't see them as being in any way representative of some downwards curve in metal or anything, just a slightly above average band.

TIME I

1. When Time Fades Away

2. Sons of Winter and Stars

I Rain of Stars

II Surrounded by Darkness

III Journey Inside a Dream

IV Sons of Winter and Stars

3. Land of Snow and Sorrow

4. Darkness and Frost

5. Time

These are the track titles? More unimaginative, cliched dreck.

"When time fadeth away, the Thonth of Winter and Thtarth will reap the Rain of Thtarth, and, Thurrounded by Darkneth, will Journey Inthide a Dream; and after an eternity, thethe Thonth of Winter and Thtarth will find the Land of Thnow and Thorrow, all covered in Darkneth and Frotht- behold, the mighty pathage of TIME!"

I'm on a journey inside of a dream inside of an apparition inside of a thought inside of a nightmare inside an idea inside of brief moment in TIME.