It's been a while...show us your desktops!

Picture1-2.png

I like 'em. Elegant UNIX-based OS. Don't crash. No viruses. Runs Logic.

What's the problem, cus'?
What's wrong with Windows 7? It works extremely well, it has a nice interface, fully customizable, far superior to previous versions in regards to stability and performance, and the biggest thing, it works perfectly when it comes to networks and talking to other machines and servers.

Macs don't play well with networks unless it's Apple exclusive, which most aren't. Windows 7 machines are highly configurable and easily maintained over large networks. Trying to add a Mac to an environment like that (which lets face it, most are) is a serious headache and leads to nothing but frustration which I have encountered numerous times, hence the "fuck Macs" comment).

I won't deny that Macs are good for certain purposes like audio production and graphic design, but I think that for the price difference, you get equal if not better performance from the same areas in a Windows machine. Sure, the random reboots and crashes are annoying, but they really don't happen that often if you take care of your PC and use it as it's meant to be used.

I REALLY wanted to be one of those people that switched over to Mac because I thought it was a better alternative, but after decent trial and error, I just don't find that to be the case.

What's wrong with Windows 7? It works extremely well, it has a nice interface, fully customizable, far superior to previous versions in regards to stability and performance, and the biggest thing, it works perfectly when it comes to networks and talking to other machines and servers.

Macs don't play well with networks unless it's Apple exclusive, which most aren't. Windows 7 machines are highly configurable and easily maintained over large networks. Trying to add a Mac to an environment like that (which lets face it, most are) is a serious headache and leads to nothing but frustration which I have encountered numerous times, hence the "fuck Macs" comment).

I won't deny that Macs are good for certain purposes like audio production and graphic design, but I think that for the price difference, you get equal if not better performance from the same areas in a Windows machine. Sure, the random reboots and crashes are annoying, but they really don't happen that often if you take care of your PC and use it as it's meant to be used.

I REALLY wanted to be one of those people that switched over to Mac because I thought it was a better alternative, but after decent trial and error, I just don't find that to be the case.

I never said a word about Windows 7, did I?

I use a Windows box at work, occasionally an Ubuntu. I use Mac at home. Never been particularly frustrated by any of them.

What's the big deal? Why's it got to be us vs. them all the time? Just to argue? To vent?

Both of you suck my balls.

I never said a word about Windows 7, did I?

I use a Windows box at work, occasionally an Ubuntu. I use Mac at home. Never been particularly frustrated by any of them.

What's the big deal? Why's it got to be us vs. them all the time? Just to argue? To vent?

Both of you suck my balls.
You asked me what the problem was and I told you what my problems with them were.

Anything beyond that, you're making up in your own head.

You seemed to take my support of Mac as a insult to Windows PCs, which I have no issue with whatsoever. Macs don't play nice on networks? I've never had the problem, any my company has a fully integrated Windows/Mac/Linux line of machines all networked.

Most people don't need anything more than a netbook, or even a tablet. Most people aren't content creators, just consumers. I like the GUI and stability of a Mac. It's undeniably polished. I don't understand anti-Mac sentiment, I really don't.

Anti-Apple sentiment, I totally get.

You seemed to take my support of Mac as a insult to Windows PCs, which I have no issue with whatsoever.
That's all on you, because I didn't. Like I said before, you asked what the problem was in a serious and/or sarcastic manner (thanks to the internet, there's no way to tell for sure), and I responded accordingly. That's really all there is to it.

I've never had the problem, any my company has a fully integrated Windows/Mac/Linux line of machines all networked.
Do you know what goes into accomplishing this? Ask your IT Department sometime and I bet they won't say "It's a cakewalk buddy, couldn't be easier!". It's the opposite, at least in my experience.

I don't understand anti-Mac sentiment, I really don't.

Anti-Apple sentiment, I totally get.
I even admitted they serve good purposes for certain tasks. I'm not anti-anything. I just prefer not to use them, loudly.

Do you know what goes into accomplishing this? Ask your IT Department sometime and I bet they won't say "It's a cakewalk buddy, couldn't be easier!". It's the opposite, at least in my experience.

Huge pain. Especially if the Mac dudes want one of those Mac servers for no other fucking reason than because it's an Apple product. Drivers-wise, I do like Macs. Their printer compatability is through the roof with their multiple generic PCL drivers. However, you're right. Troubleshooting can be more painful than a shot in the dick with a Mac. As far as Viruses? They have them. Also, more often than PCs they suffer irreparable hardware damage. The problem with that being, outside of using Hackintosh, all of their crap is completely proprietary so it can take a hunk out of budget. Also, don't get me started on the OS. It's practically a jail cell. Good for audio and video? Yes. However, for cheaper you can have just as capable of a system that isn't a Mac. Considering dual-booting is capable in both environments, anymore it's all about preference. I prefer a modular system, I prefer one that I can repair with readily available parts, and I prefer one that doesn't treat me like a caged child.