It's (not) official...

Dmanx Pit

Jester of Tranquillity
Apr 17, 2002
Philadelphia, PA, USA
www.myspace.com
I just shit a brick!

Dark Tranquillity is replacing Voivod on the Nile, Napalm Death, Strapping Young Lad, Beserker tour of the US.

It's damn true! Best tour I've read about in forever.

EDIT: Well, in light of the reply by niklas, I'll change the subject to NOT QUITE official...

You sure about this? Doesn't exactly sound like the kind of bands DT would be touring with, grindcore and death metal?

Voivod isn't grindcore or brutal death either, but I don't give a shit, since I'm not in the U.S

Hi,

well, we're certainly hoping for it to happen, since it's a very good tour, but it's _not_ 100% decided yet.

Sites like Blabbermouth are often quick to announce that something is "official" or "confirmed" when in reality it's still in the negotiation stages. The Arch enemy tour was never confirmed on our part either, contrary to what people were led to believe.

Blabbermouth is a great resource for getting the latest news and gossip, but one has to take their information with a grain of salt at times. As soon as something really is confirmed, we'll let you know via the website.

Also, bear in mind that many promotors are keen on advertising shows as quickly as possible, even before the details are agreed on, in order to boost the pre-sales, so having a venue website advertising a certain band as part of a tour doesn't necessarily mean that they've agreed to play.

/niklas

blah...for the sake of coming back to US I hope it happens, but what a god awful group for them to come with...Berserker is terrible, Nile gets old after a while, Napalm Death isnt my thing, Strapping Young Lad isnt my thing either....

Ah well, I'll be there anyway for DT hehe :D

People get me mad. Oh good, lets put all bands that sound exactly the same so we get the same crowd for each of our shows. I must be getting old because I love the days when you would get 4 totally different bands, enjoy it all as you would have a crazy crowd with various interests.

according to blabbermouth.net, DT was added as the middle slot on the upcoming Nile/Napalm Death/Dark Tranquillity/Strapping Young Lad/Berzerker US tour in place of Voivod. looks like i'll have to go to this show now. Feb.12 2003, im there. at least i only have to sit through 2 bands...

Originally posted by Dmanx Pit
I just shit a brick!

Dark Tranquillity is replacing Voivod on the Nile, Napalm Death, Strapping Young Lad, Beserker tour of the US.

It's damn true! Best tour I've read about in forever.

EDIT: Well, in light of the reply by niklas, I'll change the subject to NOT QUITE official...

And the brick of a shit you laid can be inserted back to your anus. :)

From SMN NEWs

DARK TRANQUILLITY will be replacing VOIVOD on the highly anticipated North American tour with NILE, NAPALM DEATH, STRAPPING YOUNG LAD and THE BERZERKER, according to Swedish Metal.net. Here are the dates so far-

1/17 – Houston, TX - Fitzgeralds
1/18 - Austin, TX - The Backroom
1/19 - Dallas, TX - Canyon Club
1/21 - Phoenix, AZ - Bash On Ash
1/22 - Los Angeles, CA - Key Club
1/23 - Santa Ana, CA - Galaxy Theatre
1/25 - Portland, OR - Roseland Theatre
1/26 - Seattle, WA - Graceland
1/28 - Englewood, CO - Gothic Theatre
1/30 - Minneapolis, MN - Quest Club
1/31 - Chicago, IL - Vic Theatre
1/1 - Sauget, IL - Pop's
1/2 - Cincinnatti, OH - Bogarts
1/3 - Cleveland, OH - Agora Theatre
1/4 - Royal Oaks, MI - Royal Oak Theater
1/7 - Worcester, MA - The Palladium
1/12 - West Springfield, VA - Jaxx
1/13 - Norfolk, VA - Norva
1/15 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL - The Factory

SMNnews.com also said Opeth, Katatonia, and Bloodbath were going to tour together when it was just a statement made by some idiotic CM rep, whic read like this: "Opeth w/Katatonia and Bloodbath in a US tour! That would be my wet dream tour." Meh.

as I know from the Nile camp there are more dates confirmed . . . I'm not certain why it is they aren't being published yet.

Either way: This is a strange tour, for sure. Nile took out another Gothenburg band this past summer (here in the States) and it wasn't the smoothest of transitions. Breaking up the brutality with all that melody didn't work in that instance at all and, essentially, that's what they'll be doing here as well. Damn good thing DT are the only Gothenburg-based band that I feel have enough stage presence to command respect . . .

This'll be interesting :D

@dmanx pit: i edited the thread's name for you, hope you don't mind but since it was a tad misleading and you said it yourself...

@those who posted on the merged thread: uh... take a look around, guys, please. :rolleyes:

rahvin.

If those dates are true... then I'm gonna see them twice, since the 1/22 and 1/23 show are about half-hour drive from me.