It's Official: ANTHRAX's 'Among The Living' Lineup To Reunite

CocaineEyes

New Metal Member
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=34592

It's Official: ANTHRAX's 'Among The Living' Lineup To Reunite - Mar. 24, 2005

For the first time in 13 years, the entire "Among the Living" lineup of ANTHRAX — Joey Belladonna (vocals), Frank Bello (bass), Charlie Benante (drums), Scott Ian (guitar) and Dan Spitz (guitar) — will gather together in one room to discuss new music releases, as well as the future plans for this monumental ANTHRAX reunion.

This history-making ANTHRAX global press conference and luncheon will take place on April 1, 2005 at 2:00 p.m. EST/11:00 a.m. PST at Sirius Satellite Radio in New York City. This media blitz, which will broadcast simultaneously on Hard Attack/27, Sirius Satellite Radio's extreme heavy metal station, has a dedicated telephone line, (866) 510-5377, available for overseas and out-of-state journalists to call in their questions and speak directly with ANTHRAX.

The ANTHRAX global press conference and luncheon will officially kick off "Spreading the Anthrax Weekend" on Hard Attack/27, where millions will hear it first.

At the conclusion of the ANTHRAX global press conference and luncheon, ANTHRAX will make an important statement regarding the U.S. Government and the Anthrax Vaccine. ANTHRAX has teamed up with Slave to the Metal Foundation to bring public awareness to the dangers of the Anthrax Vaccine. The newly legislated "BioShield Act" (July, 2004) allows the Department of Health and Human Services to inject American citizens with Anthrax Vaccines and other untested and unapproved substances without informed consent, using our military as first line guinea pigs. Experts will be at the conference to discuss this with attendees.

Twice Grammy-nominated, MTV/VMA nominees and multi-platinum- and gold-awarded music veterans ANTHRAX have sold over 10 million records worldwide over the course of nine studio albums, two live albums, three greatest hits, and two DVDs. Touring pros ANTHRAX performed on over fifty tours spanning the globe — in 32 countries on five continents, including Europe, North America, South America, Australia and Asia.

ANTHRAX's "Among the Living" lineup has scheduled the following dates:

Apr. 30 – Chicago, IL @ House of Blues
May 01 – Chicago, IL @ House of Blues
May 07 – Hellendoorn, NETH @ Dynamo Open Air
Jun. 09-11 – Sölvesborg, SWE @ Sweden Rock
Jun. 11-12 – Bologna, ITA @ Gods of Metal
Jun. 11 - Donington Park, UK @ Download
Jun. 24-26 – Le Mans, FRA @ Fury Fest
Jun. 24-16 – Tolmin, SLO @ Metal Camp
Jul. 1-3 - Löbnitz (near Leipzig), GER @ With Full Force

Anthrax reunion? No!!! Really?!!

I had no idea.

I'm amazed.

Who'd have though this would happen?!

Etc, etc....

anthrax are one confused band now.

it's a totally stupid move and so out of touch with what fans actually want.
(well not if you count the 2 spitz fans, and 4 joey fans on this board).

a sad day for metal...

Strider said:
I'm not saying it isn't true... but the date is at least... suspecting...

I agree with you there. It looks like it is true, but I'm just clinging on the hope that they'll come out with John Bush saying "Ha ha, April Fools!!!"

The part that is worrying me is that they're getting together to "discuss new music releases."

CocaineEyes said:
At the conclusion of the ANTHRAX global press conference and luncheon, ANTHRAX will make an important statement regarding the U.S. Government and the Anthrax Vaccine. ANTHRAX has teamed up with Slave to the Metal Foundation to bring public awareness to the dangers of the Anthrax Vaccine. The newly legislated "BioShield Act" (July, 2004) allows the Department of Health and Human Services to inject American citizens with Anthrax Vaccines and other untested and unapproved substances without informed consent, using our military as first line guinea pigs. Experts will be at the conference to discuss this with attendees.

Ok, this part is...weird.

Hi everybody
I sure hope it's a joke ! Keep Bush in the family !

Anyway, a few comments :

- I think we can now consider confirmed the shows announced with the ATL line up. They've been announced by all promoters involved, they wouldn't have done it if it was a joke

- However I think John Bush is not leaving the band. Several reasons for that : 1) He did the South America tour. If I was him and I knew I was gonna be axed like that after 12 years, I wouldn't have done that tour. Unless he had a contract he couldn't back out, and unless he actually needed the money.
He did an interview on that South America tour (I don't have the link anymore, check out the Blabbermouth archives, it was published a few days ago). If you read the whole interview, there's no mention of the reunion or the fact that he's gonna leave. He even talks about the next album.

- That press release sounds like a huge joke. OK, maybe they'll announce summer shows with the ATL line up. But that whole Anthrax vaccine shit and the fact that it will be on April 1st leads to a big prank on next Friday :) The only part which worries me is when they say they're gonna meet to discuss new music.

It's probably just a way to try to get a bigger audience. Somehow. I don't know. Seem retarded to tell everyone what's going on except your fans...

GAY!!!!

First off, this reunion is a rip-off! They have said over the years how Joey's voice didn't fit the band blah blah blah.
Second, who fucking cares what these goofs have to say about the Government and the Anthrax vaccine...It seems like a trumped up cause to get some kind of press on this non-event. I'm sure they want more than just Metal Edge to cover this hoax. I want to go and ask one question:
Me: "Scott, just last year you said you were doing the Greater Of Two Evils album because with John Bush the songs were finally the way you heard them in your head. So why now have you brought Joey back if he didn't sing the songs correctly?"
Scott: mumbles some bullshit answer about feeling just like '87 without admitting this is totally a fuck over to the fans, to Rob and John for a few measley bucks.

Who are they kidding with this press conference?

Even worse was them faxing other bands for comments on Anthrax. I can see if someone mentions something in an interview without prodding, but to seek a pat on the back is lame.

SaviourSelf said:
GAY!!!!

Even worse was them faxing other bands for comments on Anthrax. I can see if someone mentions something in an interview without prodding, but to seek a pat on the back is lame.

I 110% agree with you! What a crock of shit to do this to the current fans. I am not going to slag Joey or anything like that because.....well it has been done to death now. It's just completely unfair to leave the fans in the dark like they have been doing. Then it just seems like that press release with all the other musicians praising them is kinda like a "See guys this is a really good idea. This is what the people want" kind of thing. The to top it off they are announcing it on April fools of all days...Whatever. If this is their idea of a joke it is an extremely shitty one

This is fucking fantastics news. I cant wait, it will sound so amazing. Im just ab it worried on why the glasgow and dublin dates are not there???