It's Official: Hell hath frozen over

Judge gsz said:
Roger Waters IS Pink Floyd!!! That name shouldn't have been used since he left the band!

bullshit. roger was 1/4 of the band up until Dark Side, when he took over as front man. then it was only Dark Side, Wish, Animals, and the Wall (final cut was a solo album with floyds name... and it was horrific). And Syd was pink floyd before Roger was, so if youre going to say anything about people leaving then his era was the "original".

Anyway, their post waters stuff is loads better than water's solo stuff or the final cut, so its not like it matters.

sknight said:
True. Other problem is Gilmour is an amazing songwriter WITH other people, not on his own. He needs others to help.

Fat Old Sun? Sorrow? Gilmour has written loads of great songs on his own... but yes, many of his best works were colaborations. But id take a Gilmour colaboration anyday than a sun drenched turd like the Final Cut.

Looking for a Job said:
the best part of last night: that ending to american dad where the guys find the golden poo. i laughed and cried quite a bit through that. WTF was up with it. amazing

wow, you're such penis for quoting the other name.
i was really tired yesterday from working a lot over the last few days, so i fell asleep after Fam Guy. then woke up after Amer Dad haha

I would have to agree Gilmour is the superior musician.. I like DSOTM and earlier stuff much better than The Wall and Animals.. and Gilmour was the primary writer for DSOTM.. and then after that Waters wrote almost everything.. and I don't like that stuff as much. And Gilmour has a much better voice. and rocks at guitar.

And Waters is the ugliest mofo ever. and i hate it when he hits the gong on the echoes dvd. nearly ruins it for me. but its still probably one of my favorite music dvds.

.. and he's an arrogant asshole that for some reason thought he could get the rights to 'Pink Floyd' over the other 3 band members that still got along.. without his monkey face.

But hey, I'm glad they're going to play again!

correct me if I'm wrong but...I think musicially roger waters contributed more to pink floyd. He knew what was going on with everything, the drums, the handmade sound effects, the organs etc...david gilmour, while I like him better, he just contributed some songwriting, guitar and vocals...godly vocals at that. I think without roger waters, we wouldn't have classics like dark side, meddle, the wall, wish you were here...he did more songwriting. Pink floyd isn't really pink floyd withut him...but pink floyd isn't really floyd without gilmour either so...blar.

guess who's got a ticket? :wave:

and IMO Final Cut is Okay, Momentary Lapse is a bit aweful and Division Bell is class. and of course DG was right to keep the floyd going. The pulse concerts were totally amazing. Unfortunatly i wasn't there but the video is hard to pick holes in.

Erich w/ an h said:
I'd kill your mom to go to that show.

No really, I would.
Unfortunatly, the tickets were been sold only on 6 of June via sms-lottery :cry:
-------------------------
I almost ate my tongue, when i heard that news on TV. :dopey: