I've become accumstomed to her growl.

False Joe

Who cares.
Oct 12, 2007
Sheep fucking land somewhere.
Recently been finding myself understanding death metal vocals alot more. Cannibal Corpse used to be something I played for a joke, but after not listening to them for awhile I started picking up words during The Spline Splitter when I had only my phone to listen to (My mp3 was charging).

And I played a mate (He listens to power metal) some Amon Amarth and he was like "Wtf are they saying?". Which is especially odd because they have one of the most understandable growls ever.

Anyone else find their ears getting used to growls?

+1 for Amon Amarth being easy to understand

Haggard's growls are also quite understandable to me. Provided he's growling in English, which often isn't the case.

I guess so. I rarely focus on trying to understand the lyrics when listening to metal. Rather I listen for how the vocals harmonize with or complement the music. In terms of extreme vocals, I'm pretty tolerable of most styles, and it doesn't matter to me how decipherable the lyrics are.

Sometimes I can understand the lyrics and other times I can't. I usually look for the lyrics online or through the book that comes with the cd just to make sure the lyrics are right.