I've just listened to MAYH for the 1st time in a while...

Russell

__
Jul 15, 2001
The starry attic
www.russellgarwood.co.uk
And I have 3 things to say. Epilogue is a masterpiece, I love this song :D I'd forgotten how good it was. Secondly has ne1 noticed that towards the end of demon of the fall the guitars are sort of doing a cannon? And lastly as I'm sure you all know, fuck Opeth are good :D I often suddenly get the urge to message people and tell them, and this is one of those times!

Originally posted by godisanathiest
And I have 3 things to say. Epilogue is a masterpiece, I love this song :D I'd forgotten how good it was. Secondly has ne1 noticed that towards the end of demon of the fall the guitars are sort of doing a cannon? And lastly as I'm sure you all know, fuck Opeth are good :D I often suddenly get the urge to message people and tell them, and this is one of those times!

Rock on! :D
I know the feeling very well. I love to make non-metal fans listen to Opeth, especially when they agree that "it's not so bad" or even "I like that song" (usually Harvest).

I´ve got this friend who doesn´t like metal but likes opeth (after I introduced him to them) and his fav. songs are harvest and To bid you farewell. And I agree with godisanathiest about Epilogue as a matter of fact I was driving home last night after band practise, our practiseplace in a farm outhouse a few miles from my town and it was dark and the moon was shining so Epilogue fitted perfectly in that setting.

It was many time that I don't liste Morningrise, now are 3 days that I listen it, and i belive that is master piece of Opeth....
You mus Advent after the tenth minute...I'm mad fot this:loco:

Originally posted by Demonspell
I think FTC's signature is hilarious...the only good thing to ever emerge from Dani's disgraceful perverts! Of course MAYH is brilliant. Believe me, I was stunned by Hearse's poor showing in the song survivor thread...

fuuny that, i feel the same about the signiture thingy that is. i just wasn't rude enough to mention it, although i have now, so i am rude enough:p , so in conclusion fuck you, or your name, whatever, just die!:heh: i mean your name is very nice:p

I KNOW!

...although, it's to be expected - MAYH's tracks don't stand out on their own apart from that album (my fav) like some tracks on the others (individual Morningrise tracks are all each so strong). I've been voting for April Ethereal all the way along, though...

Yeah, but that happens to me with all the other albums as well. The only songs I could actually tell you by name are Harvest, April Ethereal, Epilogue, Benighted, and the Moor as those are the ones I'm always playing people. I never know ne track names (for most bands actually) apart from a few. I mean on Mornigrise I don't even know where one track ends and the other begins

This is the first album from Opeth that I literally listened to continuously until I knew it inside and out. Line for line. Out of the 2 story line albums, this one gets to me more so. So many times I've said it before.

Lyrics, lyrics, lyrics. Learn the lyrics. What an awesome tale.