I've some questions about the keyboards.

Jack Nippleson
May 13, 2007
(I was advised to check this place out by TemplarOfSteel, who also recommended I check out this band a while back, so thanks to him)

Neverworld is one of my favorite albums of all time. I love the keyboards on it. What kind of effects does Steve Williams have on his keys? They sound very 80s, very Van Halen-ish. Specifically, how does he play Temple of Fire? Does he actually play that blast of an intro with one hand? That's insane if he does. I'm a self-taught keyboardist, I know enough to play well I guess, but I have difficulty playing very fast with one hand, let alone using my thumb or end finger. Would anybody happen to have any tips? I'm kinda shooting in the dark here.

Thanks for any info.

Hey dude! Thanks for the keyboard questions.

There is a sound available for the Triton called Jump and I use a modified version of that on songs like Edge of Time.

The intro to Temple of Fire is a 2 hand part rather than one, with the left hand just playing one note in each run most of time.

Hope that helps a bit....let me know if you wanna know more

Talking with the legendary Steve Williams himself, eh? It's an honor. (Or maybe you're just a really knowledgeable member and I'm an idiot.)

What Triton keyboard do you use, exactly? I'm planning on saving up for a Triton Extreme (88 keys.. but it's 2300 US dollars, so I'll be saving for a while, haha), myself. And thanks for that bit about Temple of Fire, I feel a bit better about how I play it now, haha.

Sounds wicked. Well, can't wait for the new album. Hope you guys come to the US sometime.