Izotope Ozone 6

indecizo

Jun 11, 2011
No one else is excited about it?

They finally got rid of that godawful green UI. For $200 it doesn't look like a bad deal but 300 more for the added dynamic eq sounds a bit nutty. Notice that there's no reverb module this time but you can add third party plugins in Ozone's chain if you want to; I doubt that many actually cared about it's built in reverb anyway.

I also noticed that there's no new IRC algorithm, I'm not sure if they enhanced anything on the maximizer part but it looks the same as in Ozone 5 with IRC I, II and III only.

The stand-alone feature is nice too.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's half an upgrade half a downgrade.

I'll wait for Ozone 6.5 when/if they sort it all out.

Not worth the upgrade, I bought it though for $99 because after trialing it, I realized the UI and preset system made me use it in more creative ways.

The maximizer algorithms have changed a little bit. I personnally find their sonic characters way more different, like I am myself using a bit more III than II, notably the "balanced" algorithm, because it pumps less than II and still doesn't distort much, it's all down to preferences I guess.

Not worth the upgrade, I bought it though for $99 because after trialing it, I realized the UI and preset system made me use it in more creative ways.

The maximizer algorithms have changed a little bit. I personnally find their sonic characters way more different, like I am myself using a bit more III than II, notably the "balanced" algorithm, because it pumps less than II and still doesn't distort much, it's all down to preferences I guess.

How does the EQ compare to Ozone 5 (or 4 if you have it)?

I've been using Ozone 4 and IRC II has been neato all this years. Does IRC III do a good job with metal?