Izotope Ozone mastering plugin

lepersmeesa

Badman rudeboy
Apr 10, 2005
London
www.myspace.com
Well im in the market for a mastering plugin and I was recommended this one. Was wondering what people thought about it and whether they had tried it out. Is there any other mastering plugins i should look at?

http://www.izotope.com/

There is a free demo and I just tried it out. I think its pretty good. I did a quick comparison and I think it has made a huge difference. I only had a quick play with it.

www.soundclick.com/parkadez (everything I upload to soundclick sounds slow!)

Tell me what you think

Cheers!

I used to use this plug on everything a few years ago. Now, since I have waves, I forgot about it. I used to slide the balance over on the eq deal and get a bitchin, wide ass stereo. You can make a wide stereo out of the mid range and keep the low end mono. Pretty cool. Definately worth checking out, if you've never used it.

For the price I think it's pretty cool. I use it along with some Waves plugs for mastering. Since I'm a noob, I like the "all in one" idea of Ozone, and it's easier to wrap my head around this rather than a bunch of stand alone units that are a little more feature robust individually.

I think it sounds very bad. (the plugin, not your music). Voxengo some great mastering plugins however.

Wow! this shit sounds awesome! nice music and a nice natural sound!

I've used Ozone before. I remember that it had either an "analog" or "digital" EQ selection. I can't remember which exactly, but one of them was absolutely horrendous...easily the worst EQ I've used in a long time. Even the slightest of boost with the widest Q would introduce this horrible phasing nasal quality. The other EQ was average, not nearly as bad.