Jörg Michael returns to Stratovarius

Almogaver

The Jack
Sep 29, 2004
Barcelona
www.the-jack.cjb.net
Stratovarius has reunited. The classic line-up (Tolkki, Kotipelto, Johansson, Kailunainen and Michael) split up last year, but no they are together again. Jörg Michael (current drummer for Saxon) will return to Strato after the Saxon Lionheart Tour.

RicknRoll said:
Does this mean that fritz is coming back or maybe even Nigel?
Yeah lets hope Nigel is rejoining Saxon. Mr Durham is a fantastic drummer!!! :lol:
First we had Jorg Michael. Who next, Andrew Ridgley???

Hmmmm it doesn't say anything on the Stratovarius website about Jorg rejoining them after the Saxon tour.

No Paxo not Nigel D Nigel G is what I meant

Paxoman said:
Yeah lets hope Nigel is rejoining Saxon. Mr Durham is a fantastic drummer!!! :lol:
First we had Jorg Michael. Who next, Andrew Ridgley???

Hmmmm it doesn't say anything on the Stratovarius website about Jorg rejoining them after the Saxon tour.

Paxoman said:

From Stratovarius.com:

Stratovarius has reunited
13.01.2005 / Author: WebmasterStratovarius
Rating: 4.95 / 5 points (213 votes)
Viewed: 86024 times

After all the turmoil of 2004, we are happy to announce that Stratovarius has reunited with the classic line-up: Timo Tolkki, Timo Kotipelto, JÖRG MICHAEL, Jari Kainulainen and Jens Johansson.

Since his breakdown in April, we have patiently been waiting for Timo Tolkki's health to improve. It has been, and since about 6 weeks he has been strong enough to go back to work.

Also during the past months, after much talk, soul-searching and reflection most of the damage within the band has been repaired. The rest of us now understand Timo's condition, and have slowly come to terms with it. There has been forgiveness, and everyone has a good relationship again.

Many of the immense problems we were facing have now found concrete solutions.

Lastly, we can announce that work is already in progress on completely new material.

Stratovarius

Don't worry, Paxo - I saw your joke straight away. The combination of the following words - Drummer, Durham, Good - do just not collate!!
Almogaver - thanks for the info. This is a shame, because I felt Jorg did OK. I eventually decided he provided something more than Fritz (with all due respect, Fritz!).

It would be great if Nigel G would come back again, but he is a pretty busy chap doing his own thing. Although, I could see it being a possibility that Nigel would work in the studio with the band and another guy would come in for the tour. But is that the right way of doing things?

I agree with Macc - the fans do deserve an official statement from the band to explain what plans there are for the future.
If we don't get Nigel G back, then I think Biff and Quinny should audition for a young drummer that has no previous baggage of other recording bands/artists. We need someone committed to the band, you know? Remember Nibbs was only 21 when he joined the band - no strings attached - and he grew into the band whilst providing a new perspective in regard to the songwriting. Saxon evolved with his input and, who knows, kept the band going on instead of calling it a day in the early nineties!

Then again, we could always see if Nigel Durham is busy! I'm sure he would be available!

Stranger in the night said:
Hail Lionhearts,

i hear from Stratovarius, what is with jörg ???, and Fritz ???

Are their any comments from Saxon ??? :headbang: :headbang:
Saxon are being very quiet about this, no press release or any information at all about it on this site. Vince, if youre reading, can you give us an update from the management as to whats going on?

Im glad that Stratovarius reunited, but not really because now Saxon doesn't have a drummer :erk: Come back Fritz!

nightwar said:
I agree with Macc - the fans do deserve an official statement from the band to explain what plans there are for the future.
If we don't get Nigel G back, then I think Biff and Quinny should audition for a young drummer that has no previous baggage of other recording bands/artists. We need someone committed to the band, you know? Remember Nibbs was only 21 when he joined the band - no strings attached - and he grew into the band whilst providing a new perspective in regard to the songwriting. Saxon evolved with his input and, who knows, kept the band going on instead of calling it a day in the early nineties!
I fully do agree with Macc189 and Nightwar, if all is true (something we dont know at all at this very moment..) in common I have to say: "I do not like job-hopping-drummers. A drummer must commit to one band just m.o. you can only serve one "Lord" and not 2 or more "Lords"at one time, winkie, winkie Follower of Jesus;) ;) search for a young bloke like Nibbs was and still is, but of course he must have quality that's the main thing..the best is :young and good quality. If all is true then I think its a pitty that Joerg leaves (sorry another word just doesnt come in my brains to express, I know some wouldnt be pitty at all, but when the tempo goes on in this way then you can make a footbalteam from al those previous Saxon-drummers before the end of 2005! And you know my opinion;" Georg is a good, by me, accepted drummer( What concerns the drumming..) . But search: (advise) a structural-commited young bloke, it will give the saxon fans rest but above all for the band the needed rest..thats better for the picture to the outside-world. Please.. an official Statement to clearify..now the way it is, is guessing time and that is what people dont like

greetings Heavycelli

(just released another good album..and then again those member-problems:erk: )

heavycelli@hotmail.com (Messenger)

Almogaver - Like I said, it doesn't say that Jorg is leaving Saxon after the tour. It only says that he is rejoining Stratovarius. So for all we know he might have already left.

Don't hold your breaths for an official statement on here. We didn't get one when Fritz left. After all, this is only the bands official website!

The drummer in the band I play knows Fritz personally, maybe he can make him give some not so officialy statement.
;)

KellyM said:
The drummer in the band I play knows Fritz personally, maybe he can make him give some not so officialy statement.
;)
winkie, winkie KellyM :Spin: maybe you can ask the drummer in the band you play, if he would like to replace Georg:D

Paxoman said:
Almogaver - Like I said, it doesn't say that Jorg is leaving Saxon after the tour. It only says that he is rejoining Stratovarius. So for all we know he might have already left.

Don't hold your breaths for an official statement on here. We didn't get one when Fritz left. After all, this is only the bands official website!
That could be the case Paxoman, that he already left.... What you say is true, ironically meant by you ( I guess!? I see it at least this way, tell me if I'm wrong Paxo) you say: This is only the bands official website! So what are we fans asking ???? Do we ask too much as fans??? You want to see more interaction between band and website is that what you like to see Paxoman? Just say it..! Tell me if I draw the wrong conclusion from your entry ...