JACK FROST - An ASS for all ages!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MEGALOUD

The Nightmare Has Begun..
I just wanted to air a little frustration, it's been brought to my attention that Jack Frost has been bad mouthing my label and my festival after he played Nightmare Metal Fest II with his band SEVEN WITCHES.

To set the record strait...
Jack expected I kiss his ass and give him more money at the last moment, (the week he was to get on the plane); stating (it cost him so much more money that he expected and that he just wouldn't be coming if I didn't pay him more! I said, well this is hardly my fault, you should have known how much it would cost you when you gave me your price for the band. I let him know, I had a lot into the fest and I would need to see how it came out before I could possibly give him anymore, and that if he wanted to, he was welcome to come out or not, that his band hadn't sold nearly as many tickets as many of the others bands had on our website (that was tracking this little fact), and that it really honestly didn't matter to me, it was his choice to make. He did and the band decided to come out, when the arrived, he then tried to get more money again re; his hotel accomodations, since things were not to his rockstar caliber I guess. I won't even get into all the innuendo consequence he suggested would happen if I didn't do this.

I again said, at the end of the weekend we'll all know how things went, and if they went well I would for sure give them a little more to help cover their expenses.

Over half of the people in attendance were either bands playing, or media and or guests of the festival, let in free). Unfortunately SXSW weekend is not a good time to do a music festival in SAN ANTONIO, and It wasn't something I made money on. It was a great time and it should have been looked at this way in a perfect world. Guess that's not how Jack see's it, just wanted to set the record strait.

So Jack, it seems we both F'd up! Me in taking your call in the first place asking to be on the show, and you when you were figuring your expenses and fee you wanted. Sorry your so unhappy about the way it came out.... Oh yeah, I'm not sorry, shit happens, deal with it and hopefully learn from it! :heh:

Lance-

Believe me you did not go too far, probably a little restrained, in calling the guy an ass. The term ass, in the case is an understatement of grandiose proportions.

Again, with out going into “he said she said”, he really trashed you and not just in a “Well, I didn’t get paid enough and Lance doesn’t know how to run a business” way either, those are opinions and everyone is entitled to them.

These were pointed, crude and mean spirited comments made to anyone who would listen, many followed by an “and I want you tell him what I said” comment. I seemed to be the get the majority of the comments directed my way, because he said he remembered me from the fest and saw us talking a few times.

My wife, who want to the show with me (her first metal gig BTW) was really offended by the guy. I have to admit, being a big fan of the guy’s work; I was disappointed to find out what an ass he is, I mean just totally and utterly obnoxious.

Regards,

Liam

I must state that while this info did indeed piss me off, I was a little reactionary in posting it for all to read. In hindsight, I should have called Jack personally and discussed my disdain directly. But hey it's out there and there is no taking that away even if I were to delete it, so I'll close this thread, unsticky it and let it fade into the distance..... like my cares for anything that Jack has to say.

Go figure ... the guy who plays on 1 Savatage tour and thinks "It isn't Savatage without me." (Jack's exact words) has an ego. :rolleyes:

Asshole is an understatement and I've thought that since the first time I met him 4 years ago. He obviously hasn't learned his lesson in manners (or his status in the biz) since then. :Smug: IMO he's a mediocre guitarist at best and not even really that good of a song writer. (James Riviera's vocal talent was the main reason I was ever interested in Seven Witches.)

Lance, I'm sorry you had to deal with something like that. You're trying to do something good for metal bands and metal fans in this country. FotV lost out this year too, but thankfully I can at least say that all the bands were very supportive and appreciative of what we are trying to do for the metal community. It's a shame that Jack's ego is so inflated that it inhibits him from seeing bigger picture of what independent metal festivals (like Nightmare) are trying to do for metal bands here in the US. You're right to keep moving forward and there are most certainly bigger, better and more appreciative metal artists out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.