jack

Doty

Master Debater
Jan 8, 2007
Home Base
u have any problems with either of these that i should know about before looking further into them? Looking for a 9mm

sig p250

P250-TT-detail-L.jpg

baretta 92

795_big_1_340P_340P.jpg

i really like the look and reliability of the beretta but i realize now that it might be a bit bulky and heavy considering they dont seem to make polymere frame which migh be a problem for a defense piece, not to mention potential rust issues. so i think im leaning more towards the sig

If you go sig sauer I'd take a look at the 226 or the 229. If you go to a gun store or whatever. I'd take a look at all 3 if I was you. Ive heard of the older Beretta 92's cracking at the frame alot. Im pretty sure they fixed this however. umm Im pretty sure they were what cops carried before glock. A comparable gun would probably be the CZ 75. I think I'd get the CZ 75/75b over the beretta. just my opinion.

also if your thinking of carrying. those sigs might be easier to conceal then the beretta.

now on second thought... im not sure if it was the cz 75 or the beretta 92s that were cracking at the frame.

the 226 is awesome, performance seems comparable to glock with better safety features. but its $1k. maybe if i get a preowned

or what about the fnp-9? from what ive read, its very sig-like, but for about half the pricec

I never fired a fn personally. but i automatically dont like them because of the FN FiveSeven and that shitty 5.7x28mm round they made that only 2 guns shoot. it has the same ballistics as a .22 hornet.

However they make good products. So I'd imagine the FNP-9 is a decent gun.

I was wondering when you were going to pick up a handgun there Kris. I'm still thinking of picking up the Beretta U22 Neos. I hear it is very nice to shoot and has very few issues with jamming. I know its only a .22, but im not really interested in using it for 'defense' reasons... Just think having a reliable gun that shoots rather cheap ammo would be great for just going to the range and such.

btw a grand for a p226 is kind of steep. im pretty sure they are a $700-$800 pistol. Have you thought about maybe a Browning Hi-Power or a Glock 19 or a Glock 17? If you decide between those glocks... For carrying I'd get the 19. The 19 holds 15 rounds. The 17 holds 17 rounds (durp) and it has a longer sight radius. Obviously it would be a little harder to carry then the 19. Me personally if I was gonna get another 9mm I would get a CZ-75b or the p226. Or are you trying to get somthing smaller for carrying? Carrying a Full Sized isnt too bad.. I wont lie. its pretty annoying. It prints pretty easy if you aren't careful.

Also you cant go wrong with that Beretta 92FS. Shit is solid. I read up on the cracking slide thing i commented on earlier. It happend awhile back. The army abused the shit out of a bunch of 92s and some of them cracked after 30,000 rounds. Beretta fixed the problem because the army was gonna pull the contract they had with beretta. I'd get the Beretta over the p250

yea, looking on the sig official site, the msrp was just under 1000, but looking at the online stores, it is closer to 700.
after looking some more and thinking about it, im thinkn a compact might be nice. deffinately not a sub, but im leaning toward the smaller ones rather than full sized. just for price and mobility. it is only my first

Then that p250 and even the glock 19 would suit you pretty well I think. the p250 is a compact. I just cant stand sub-compacts (glock 30). Those are just too small for me