Jackson DKMG Dinky vs Gibson Les Paul Studio

ThrashKing

New Metal Member
Dec 14, 2006
which one should i get and why?

is one of the guitars more better for playing a certain type of music? i am clueless when it comes to guitars. please help!

The Jackson is better for metal because it's got EMG twin humbucker pickups that will give you a great metal distortion sound. And it's got a tremolo. The Les Paul is better for rock.

But they're both great guitars and can be used for either style really.

i own a jackson dkmgt dinky which is the same as the dkmg but without a floyd rose, just a string through bridge. its pretty good and its more for metal for the gibson les paul studio would be more versatile.

I got a wrmg warrior, wich is about the same technicall stuff, only difference is the shape.. I play in a black metal band, so death/thrash/black/etc metal is great with it IMO. Gibson is indeed rock

THE NEW MODEL OF DKMG EQUIPPED WITH EMG81/85,I THINK IT'S MUCH MORE BETTER THAN THE OLD ONE!
I WANT TO BUY IT!
IT'S ABOUT 800 US DOLLARS IN CHINA!
I DON'T KNOW THE PRICE IN OTHER PLACE???

THE NEW MODEL OF DKMG EQUIPPED WITH EMG81/85,I THINK IT'S MUCH MORE BETTER THAN THE OLD ONE!
I WANT TO BUY IT!
IT'S ABOUT 800 US DOLLARS IN CHINA!
I DON'T KNOW THE PRICE IN OTHER PLACE???

There's really no need to yell.

just imagine it like jackie chan talking or something
I JUST SAY NOTHING!

"The only thing that I've heared in the show is "fucking greatest audience"."QUOTE FROM A JAPANESE FRIEND,WHO WAS IN THAT LIVE SHOW,AND PROVED COB NEVER SAY IT!

I got a wrmg warrior, wich is about the same technicall stuff, only difference is the shape.. I play in a black metal band, so death/thrash/black/etc metal is great with it IMO. Gibson is indeed rock

I have the same guitar and also played black metal with it, it is exellent for that, I use an Ibanez 7 now though.

You can use a les paul for pretty much whatever you want really. Basically, the best advice is to go and try both out, and then see which you like the feel of most.

The amount of rubbish about les pauls having crap action is all rubbish. Any guitar of decent quality can be set up to play as well as you want it to.

You can play metal on a les paul, you can play metal on a jackson. A guitar does not make riffs metal, or blues, or anything else, it's the guy/girl playing it and their fingers.

Also, if you want the EMG sound you can retrofit EMG's into the les paul.

Basically, go and try them out and pick the one that feels right for you.

You can use a les paul for pretty much whatever you want really. Basically, the best advice is to go and try both out, and then see which you like the feel of most.

The amount of rubbish about les pauls having crap action is all rubbish. Any guitar of decent quality can be set up to play as well as you want it to.

You can play metal on a les paul, you can play metal on a jackson. A guitar does not make riffs metal, or blues, or anything else, it's the guy/girl playing it and their fingers.