jackson kelly

I have one. It's a Black, mid-90's model. It cost me $1500 AUD at the time (roughly 750€) and plays like a dream. Mine doesn't have the sharkfin inlays though, just the normal dots.

I'm not too sure if they've changed that much since then but I highly recommend them.

To be honest, I'd recommend playing a guitar of the same series/ quality as that one before buying. I have a cheap Jackson, and the wood in it has a pretty weak, hollow tone. Otherwise, they are pretty decent guitars. For the price you could also look at some Schecters, which IMO have much better wood and tone.

Not a guitar I'd recommend.

I had one for a few hours and I took it back because it just felt like a cheap guitar, you can get much better for the money. Cheap wood, dodgy build, mother of toilet seat inlays and naff pickups.

I have a U.S KE-1 which is an awesome guitar and they don't seem to have any resemblance other than in shape. The confusing "Professional" label should be took off because they don't even come close to being as good as the old Jap built Professional's (the Standards, XLs etc) or even the Concepts for that matter.

Ice T's Bobblehat: pick ups are seymour duncan, not cheap pick ups.
Many guys say me that this japan line ( 2006 ) of guitars is good....

Hi guys I need your opinion on that guitar: Jackson ke3 kelly professional series made in Japan.
Anyone have an experience with those guitars?
http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=2912000598

Hi Tachy,
I actually have this exact same model in the link with the pile 'o skulls graphics. I'm a sucker for appearance and this one I really love; the shape, the graphics, the shark fin inlays, the entire package.
It's comfortably lightweight and has a good feel on the fretboard.
I put the duncans in my bc rich and put emgs in the jackson just because it looks cooler :lol:
The jackson/floyd rose is cool as it should be, no problems there.
My only real complaint is the back of the neck is a bit sticky. I wish I could have gotten a USA model but I refuse to pay $2,000 + or whatever it is for a guitar (on my income and for principle).

Feels like it's built cheap? Perhaps a little, maybe, I guess. It's hard for me to say as I haven't played a bunch of different guitars. especially top quality ones. My bc rich is a warlock from '89 or '90 and I also have an Ibanez UV777. I'd say the jackson doesn't fall to far in quality from those.

I can't say that it's awesome or that I was ever blown away by it but I don't regret buying it one bit. It sounds good to me, the price is good, I like it.
I just wish the neck wasn't prone to mild stickyness and I wish it was a 7 string. :)