Jackson volume knob problems...

Dead Winter

STAHP
Apr 30, 2002
Italy/US
I had to to get my volume knob replaced on one of my Jacksons...it was a Japanese manufactured one due to the fact that I don't have 2 grande to dump on an American made one. I also have a Rhoads V in which the volume knob crackles when you turn it sometimes. It seems that this is a big problem on all the lower models. Does anyone else have this problem?

you can get the volume-pot replaced (maybe with a better one) to get rid of that effect

I've seen a lot of guitars that have this problem

That's exactly what I did, and I just picked it up today. The thing is, all my friends' Jacksons do the same thing, and even the guy at the music store said that the lower model Jacksons have this problem. He's a really nice guy and a good acquaintance and never bullshits me, which is good. He replaced the pot for me, only the one he replaced it with was bad...so I brought it back like three times to get repaired and he only charged me 10 euros for the very first time. Then I bought some cables this evening because I'm breaking all my others and they were about 11.50 a piece so he gave me all three for 30 euros even. I'm very lucky that I have an honest music store owner near where I live because there are lots of them who are sharks!!!!

I had a Jackson (also made in Japan) and it only worked on full volume, anything less sounded like TV static. Got an Ibanez now.

my friends King V (low-end model) has a similar problem
I have a bit of a scratching noise on my Ibanez, too, but not much and only when I'm turning it (not when its left in one position)