Jag Panzer

BlindPanzer

Iced Guardian was taken:)
Mar 27, 2004
Miami
Mark Briody put this in the JP forum...

"We haven't been asked to play ProgPower since the first show. It's a great show and one of the best produced festivals out there. If asked, we'll play.

Mark"

I don't understand why this band gets overlooked so much myself. These guys were playing power metal before the genre had a name. I know they're kind of a cult status band, but that's only because they haven't been seen by enough people. Anytime they get a chance to play a show in the States, they're lucky if they can even snatch a half-hour opening slot on a Century Media/Nuclear Blast tour. I would love to see them get a decent slot for a future ProgPower, but I'm afraid that the demand isn't high enough. 'Tis a shame.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

BlindPanzer said:
Mark Briody put this in the JP forum...

"We haven't been asked to play ProgPower since the first show. It's a great show and one of the best produced festivals out there. If asked, we'll play.

Mark"

I saw them at that first one in Lansing, Illinois, and I think it's about time they be asked back. I think they would be great in a #3 slot, although they probably deserve a #4 and maybe even a headline spot. #3 works good for me though, because I think they are energetic and could live up to the great performaces by Edguy, Angel Dust, Vanden Plas, Brainstorm, and Tad Morose. Their latest disc is terrific as well.

They are a fuckin damn good band that is extremely underrated in my opinion. Harry Conklin can belt em out with the best of them, and their guitarist is phenomenal (their new disc is great!). They definitely deserve a shot playing in front of a real crowd on the PP stage (3rd slot)

Um.... I'm sorry to come in and rain on your parade, um... but I saw them up here in Detroit a few years ago, I think opening for Iced Earth. Um... yeah, good riffs, yeah great voice, but.... the singer came out wearing far-too-tight leather pants, and a flamed-bottom rock shirt. And suspenders. Underneath the shirt. How do I know this? Cuz he was pulling his shirt up to rub his nipples in front of the crowd. AND rubbing the inside of his thighs. Um... just a little strange for an audience filled with metal dudes. I heard a group of three on the side of the floor after their set, calling them Fag Panzer. Now, I don't like it when a really talented band gets shit upon cuz some moron doesn't like them. Buuuut.... he probably coulda rubbed his nipples two or three times less than he did that night. :loco:

Having said that, I'm sure y'all will hate me for it. But if they show up at ProgPower again, I'm sure I'll be able to enjoy them a bit better in a more appropriate venue.

But I hope he rubs his thighs in front of the metal chicks next time. ;)

And yes, the suspenders had flames on them too. :tickled:

But they do a wicked cover of 'The Edmund Fitzgerald'. I put that onto a Greatest Heavy Metal Covers mix disc that my brother and I compiled. I love long metal epics.